Most Ridiculous Thing You've Ever Been Counseled On

by MrFreeze 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

telling you that your figure is tempting the men and that you need to hide it in order to "protect" them. (WTF? Easier solution: Creepy old men should stop checking out 12-year-olds.)

i was already on the why were they checking out a teenager when i read lisas post,

(WTF? Easier solution: Creepy old men should stop checking out 12-year-olds.) so am in total agreement with this one.

when my dad was torn off over us playing piggy back races, to us kid it was just that kids enjoying the sun and fun,

to this day i have never understood how anyone could would or want to take childhood innocence and turn it into something disgusting and dirty.

as a kid i found the dirty minded mentality very strange.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

To shave my well groomed beard off.

To wear a tie out in service even though it was a heat wave (WTF was I doing out in servce anyway).

Told that I should take the kids in the second school and spank them if they were not quiet...or better, go sit directly in the second school so as not to distract the congregation.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

My ex-wife picked a Kingdom Song for our wedding to walk down to. It was inappropriate they said.. she didn't change it and was warned that she better not stumble anyone for playing a KINGDOM SONG!!!

I could not remember the song she picked, as of everysong in that BOOK SUCKED to me.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

English congregation: Wearing my hair down and heels on the same day.

Spanish congregation: Wearing a blouse where you see the cap of my shoulders.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

English congregation: Wearing my hair down and heels on the same day.

Spanish congregation: Wearing a blouse where you see the cap of my shoulders.

You hussy! How do you sleep at night? I mean, other than with your clients...

(These people are so stupid. They can sexualize anything.)

• blondie
    blondie

I can understand the one woman's concern about labeling a congregation social function a "congregation picnic." Quickest way to get it shut down by the jw police. Congregations are not allowed to sponsor such an event, they might be sued. I have seen congregations have one elder sponsor it and take responsibility.

• rocky220
    rocky220

I have been out since 1978....so while on vacation 2 weeks ago visiting my mom, an elder in field service stopped by for refreshments at my mom's house before continuing. He decided to improvise a shepherding call on the spot. Once we established my marital status [divorced] the next question was, and guys this is a doozy; "Do your body have sexual urges?" Now, 3 answers swirled in my head, 1-Slap him into the next room, 2-Curse him out for insulting me in my mother's home or the best one, 3-Wouldn't it have been much more appropriate for a female elder to have asked me this question? So, after I asked question #3, his jaw fell open and before he could form words, I told him when the Watchtower folks find wisdom in having Lady elders, I might give them a second chance....Elder couldn't out of the house fast enough..... Rocky220

• Think About It
    Think About It

Rocky.........wow, the nerve of these guys never ceases to amaze me. When I was an elder, I could never ever imagine saying something like that to a woman. Some of them are so arrogant & puffed up with pride about their supposed authority over people that they have no common sense or decency.

Think About It

• undercover
    undercover
    ...an elder in field service stopped by for refreshments at my mom's house before continuing. He decided to improvise a shepherding call on the spot. Once we established my marital status [divorced] the next question was, and guys this is a doozy; "Do your body have sexual urges?"

This elder called on your mom by himself? Your mom lives alone, when you're not visiting? Was he expecting you to be there? And then he asks an extremely personal sexual question?

First of all, elders are not to pay calls on sisters, sheparding or otherwise, alone. They should always be in pairs. His showing up alone is problematic...the fact that he got quite personal is another problem.

I think I'd make some calls to the COBOE (former PO) of that congregation and make sure that he knows that he's got a rogue elder calling on sisters by himself. This guy could be trouble.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Playing Halo on the XBOX and tackle football. Both were glorifying violence.

I told them I would NOT stop either of these, and I was never confronted about them again. I guess they moved on to bully an easier target.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit