Most Ridiculous Thing You've Ever Been Counseled On

by MrFreeze 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I had a similar situation as CuriousButterfly. I wore my hair up at a circuit assembly.. I was 16 at the time, and a servant's wife (this was before the elder arrangement) read me the riot act...told me I looked worldly. I told my dad immediately... He was furious. He went to that sister ( I went with him, so I heard it all) and told her that she was not a "spiritual policewoman" and that if she had anything to say about the way I looked, she was to come to him. He then told her that he thought I looked beautiful. I could always count on my dad!

Coffee

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Playing an arcade game 1942.

Talking at night in a tent, whilst camping for a district convention....think it was about 10pm.

Going for a drink with a couple of friends on the night of the same convention on the campsite bar.

Watching the tv program V

Watching the A team

Watching Grange Hill

Only being an auxilery pioneer when i should have been a regular.

Wearing an England top at pre convention work, told it was idolatry

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Let's see...wearing a pink shirt, wearing ties with patterns, anything besides solid and stripes was unacceptable. Once I was out in FS with white shirt and black pants, and some bro said not to wear it again as I looked like a Mormon . An elder once pulled me aside and said I should try to speak with a more grave deepr voice, he said my voice was too high pitched and sometimes sounded like a girl.....(I was 16 at the time). The kind of music that I danced to, apparently dancing Merengue or Salsa is unacceptable unless you're married to that person....

Jedi Master

• geevee
    geevee

Not to spin the wheels of my car in the k-hall carpark... "it doesn't consolidate the gravel surface"...

What about some of the bs that I had to counsel people on?... Not to quote worldly sources when giving a talk... Not to play Laser-force... Not to drink sherry before the meetings! [that guy ended up the p/o!!] if i try hard I could think up many more...

Pathetic really

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I was just ignored, no one gave a shit about me.

• donuthole
    donuthole

A friend of mine was counseled for wearing Nike shoes because Nike was a false God -- the brother counseling happened to be driving a Mercury.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Listening to talk radio (OMG, might learn something)

• blondie
    blondie

That a single mother of 6 grown jw children was not a proper chaperone, it had to be a married couple, even if they were only 22 and married for less than a year.........

• donny
    donny

Counseled for engaging in oral sex with my then wife. It was too close to homosexuality.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was just ignored, no one gave a shit about me.

Well, someone does now.

Get your little psittacine butt over here and give me a big and !

I was counselled for wearing Dr. Scholl's sandals to the meetings.

I thought they looked cute; the temperature was in the 100's F; I have nice legs.

What was the problem?

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit