Most Ridiculous Thing You've Ever Been Counseled On

by MrFreeze 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

We had a CO, his first visit, Saturday morning meeting for service, do a very short intro, and then proceeded to say that what he had to say was very important.

He told us, all 85 of 87 cards in the file (he had basically said are you coming to service Saturday? Why would anyone who considered himself zealous NOT be there for Saturday service, he asked?) that if we are thinking we can go out in the world and have some fun and come back unhurt, we were just kidding ourselves.

He then said that condoms (lots of children present at this meeting for service, from babies to teens) only filtered out to .5 microns; that the sperm of some men, from Mexican men in particular, he said, is as small as .2 microns.

I kid you not. To say the congregation was shocked doesn't quite cover it.

He ran the meeting for service to 40 minutes with his little warning speech, then told us to see our conductors for assignment.

'If all the things Jack Thomas said were written down, the books would fill the earth.'

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I was counselled for wearing "cheeky hot pants" ... and after protesting that I don't own a pair of hot pants... we finally determined that they were actually talking about a pair of boyleg bathers (swimsuit) like this but one piece:

Boy Leg

I just couldn't believe they were counselling me on a pair of very modest bathers that I was only wearing to the beach!

To be fair my arse did look damn hot in them though.

• laverite
    laverite

Blondie- you're right, that's what he meant, but he was about one neuron short of a synapse. I'd be surprised if his IQ were much higher than mid-80s. Sad really. You'd think they'd have higher standards for COs.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

When I was young I used to comb my hair straight forward. The elders told me that my hair style looked just like Caesars. They showed me a picture of Caesar and said that my hair style was not appropriate and that I needed to part it like all the others in the cong.

• life is to short
    life is to short

For falling asleep in field service. We just drove and drove and no one talked to me anyway but it upset the sisters even though they did not have to work and I did. I worked 30 plus hours a week plus pioneered and was beyond tired.

I was counseled for talking to a sister to much at the meetings, her husband had just died and no one else cared she was alway sitting alone but it upset one of the other elders wives and so I was counseled for not widening out more.

I was counseled for not listening to a child molester give his talks. It upset the baby rapist that I left when he gave his talk.

I was counseled for not saying hi to the child molesters daughter in the bathroom. She was 12 and I am in my 40's but it upset the child. I did say hi to the kid and why as an elders wife was I talked to alone about it I will never know. Why also was it an issue for the elders in the first place? Do they really have that much time on their hands to run after sisters for not talking to kids in the bathroom.

I was counseled after passing out in field service for not having health ins. Never mind that I passed out and did the elder ask if I was OK he was just pissed that I might cost the state money and he did not want to pay for me. His job gave him health ins, I worked as a waitress and was pioneering my husband was barley working and pioneering and an elder. I supported us to pioneer so he could be an elder. He was never talked to about any of this.

I was talked to about dating my husband to long by myself. The elders demanded to know when we were going to me married. My now husband had not asked me so I did not know. The elders told me I would ruin my husband unless I stopped dating him. I still do not understand what they meant even now 22 years latter.

I was counseled for smoking twice when I was single. I have never smoked nor have I ever wanted to so I still do not understand what that was about.

I was counseled for wearing shorts to work outside at the kingdom hall when it was over a 100 degrees when I came back to the hall after changing into hot jeans everyone else were wearing short and no one else was sent home.

I have been threatened with disfellowshiping if I tell anyone we had three child rapist in the hall.

I was counseled for telling the body of elders that I was abused as a child. Apparently only men can speak to other men. As a woman I needed to tell my husband who will then tell the elders what happened to me as a child being raped. I wonder what a single sister would do.

I had a blouse on that was really to big for me very very loose fitting. I was counseled by an elderate that my nipples were showing. When I looked down my blouse was so loose that there was no way to see any nipples but she said I needed to wear padded bras anyway, I was in my 40's when she did this she is only five years older. I was pissed.

I have been counseled to forgot that I was abused as a child to think about the new system and forget this life that I have now.

I was counseled once that my blouse was too low. It was not too low but I was working with a sister and she said that men were looking down my blouse. I told the sister I could cut off my breasts if that would help. She shut up then. I had the top of the blouse buttoned if men were looking then would have to work at it.

I could go on and on. This religion is so stupid.

LITS

• Wrath of Jehu
    Wrath of Jehu

I was counselled once for saying that I thought the elderly Russian women on the back of one of the Watchtower magazine's were attractive.

-Wrath of Jehu.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Life is too short said:"I was talked to about dating my husband to long by myself. The elders demanded to know when we were going to me married. My now husband had not asked me so I did not know. The elders told me I would ruin my husband unless I stopped dating him. I still do not understand what they meant even now 22 years latter."

Arggggh!!!The anger writhes in my soul when I hear elders do such things.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Life is too short also said:"I have been threatened with disfellowshiping if I tell anyone we had three child rapist in the hall."

Now that's really getting on my nerves.I would have warned every parent in the KH anyway.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

For going braless when I was a bouncy 16 yr old,and for wearing black eyeliner{looked like a prostitute}.Also for listening to John Denver,cause he had said that he hated Jw's.I guess my Alister Crowley books didnt catch The elders eye...hehhehheh

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My sister was counseled for wearing a shirt to the KH that had a design of an 'anchor' on it. It was a shirt with a nautical theme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit