Most Ridiculous Thing You've Ever Been Counseled On

by MrFreeze 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderelite
    elderelite

see my experiance on the first page. I told one to MYOB. in those words.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Has anyone ever told these clowns[elders]where to get off?Id love to hear your comments.

apparently Psychotic Parrot (in the post just above yours) showed them how to get off.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

So many petty, nit picking, personal opinions from God's "holy spirit" appointed Elders.

LoisLane

• kaik
    kaik

1. Counseled for reading too much wordly, religous literature. One elder saw me reading Eusebius. I had also at my library St. Augustine City of Good and Confession. Over the years I had several books from Loeb Classical library which did not go too well with zealous elders who once were at my house.
    2. For studying foreigner language and talking foreigner JW during convention without approval
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Razkat. Just before I left I had the opportunity to "clear the air" with one elder who seemed to take delight in dissing me over the years. He and another came for a shepherding call which was a cover for him to rant. He started along the lines of "You better watch out blah blah. I cut him off, leaned in toward him and said "You better watch your mouth!" He realised that I was very serious (and incredibly irate from years of taking his shit). The other elder and my wife of the time mouth's dropped. The elders left immediately.

My only regret is that I should just have hit him and talked later but such is hindsight.

He is now dead and I'm alive. Sweet!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh gosh, counselled by who? Elders? Nosey sisters? Where can I start?

• millie210
    millie210

Counseled for making my own arrangements for afternoon service/

6 months later the C.O. encouraged us to make our own afternoon arrangements for field service (sigh)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Psychotic parrot, didnt expect to read that in this thread but oh how funny, thanks for the laugh!!!!!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Counselled by MS for using a big word in a TMS talk

Counselled by elder for using words like "bloody"

Counselled by sister for low cut top (it wasn't)

Counselled by elder for doing an impression of Bono (it's a sin to pretend to be a man!)

Counselled by snotty sister for drawing on my WT- it was like the second time in my life I'd been to the meeting.

Counselled for being unchaperoned with my fiance (I was 30 , he was 40 and divorced)- we know you're not doing anything sexual, but think about what other people think! I said, "well that shows how dirty minded they are."

Counselled by an elder and a piosneer middle aged single bitch for going on RVs alone with a married, elderly pioneer male friend

Counselled by elders for retelling a story about a sister who left a nasty note in another sister's bible

Abused by a brother I worked with for talking about 'worldly things' to the non-JW staff instead of witnessing to them

Counselled by a friend/MS for saying my congregation was not as good as someone else's

That's all I can think of right now. I can add more later.

• trujw
    trujw

My one greatest regret was to not wear this outfit while in and after being counciled to pull out this picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit