I have a concern about this forum

by palmtree67 176 Replies latest members private

• Simon
    Simon
    On this forum: Jehovah's Witnesses = hated
    ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and opposers = loyally accepted

It's very simple. There's at least seven million people who would agree with me. This is the first and last JW forum I'll ever visit. I've read horrible things on here I know are not true. There's nothing anyone can say that will ever convince me otherwise

Many of those 7 million will be babies and children who have a blinkered upbringing and never have chance to express how the really feel because of fear of consequences. Many more would disagree were it not for fear of reprisals.

I have read many, many, MANY horrible things in the WT and heard some god awful crap from the platform over the years (and don't dismiss that as being local mistakes - I'm talking about district assemblies as well).

We try and have discussions but frequently the only interaction that current JWs are capable of is the knee-jerk conditioned responses that they have been indoctrinated with over many many years. How do I know this? Because that is how I reacted once.

It takes time and is difficult to let go of a false belief system that seems to real but it is false and is the reason people cannot defend it when they debate and discuss things properly (which is why they don't).

There's nothing anyone can say that will ever convince me otherwise

If you are saying that there truly is nothing that will convince you that the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society is not being spiritually directed by god ... as they claim, then you really do have complete and utter blind faith.

One day, you WILL realize your mistake either because you or a loved one suffers because of their dogmatism or because you wake up and see what other people go through or you just chose to check up on some of their claims about their own history, what they claimed to teach and when otherwise you will die, old and faithful to the end ... but never seeing the magical new system they promise where kids play with lions and everyone lives forever. All we hope for is that you see the real truth about 'the truth' before you lose too much because of it.

We wish you no ill-will ... we've all been where you are at one point or other.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

There's a way of disagreeing with someone, even in a heated disagreement.

Neither debator or Alice seem to understand the point of this topic: Ones who have repeatedly proven that they are only here to inflame, derail, hi-jack threads and cut-and-paste gobs of nonsense with no point........ should be ignored.

As I said before, I'm not saying anyone should get booted. And I know how hard it is to be personally attacked and not try to defend yourself.

But they are only here to provoke. No other purpose, as they are here in direct disobedience to their own governing body.

• dinah
    dinah

Well said, Simon.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"LOL she prob wrote it herself!"

IP address and internet protocols are very telling. Data architects can resolve these little idiosyncrasies. Being one has some uses if you wish to play silly games.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But they are only here to provoke. No other purpose, as they are here in direct disobedience to their own governing body.

Yep

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

IP address and internet protocols are very telling. Data architects can resolve these little idiosyncrasies. Being one has some uses if you wish to play silly games.

So you did post a personal message here on the board? Bad form.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Another thing to consider

It is impossible to tell who is a JW troll vs who is a JW. They both sound the same, soo.....

Who cares? Yo, do you think JW's are going to stop believing because of what they read here or what they go through on the inside, of what they see?

Don't sweat the trolls. If they are for real, your chances of swaying them away from JW's are in my opinion, at 25% tops. And you aren't going to change their mind...

When was there ever a time on JWN when a JW said "You know, I didn't know that. I am going to stop attending meetings and leave..." Thats not how it works.

Anyway, I had a great day. Baseball day! Had some fun, made some friends, all the things that you can't do as a JW. Pretty cool. I highly reccomend it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Actually, Mrs.J....she did that to me once, too.

When she first got here, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt and pm'ed her. In my pm, I told her that I sometimes had moments of panic after leaving and how I coped with those.

She then posted it on here, throwing it in my face as "evidence" of my mental problems.

• dinah
    dinah

You saw a baseball game??

I was thinking of having anal sex with Mr. Dinah. Your idea sounds better, but we don't live near a ball park. Looks like I'll be the catcher.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Dinah

Prayerfully consider what your actions could do to your relationship with...

Aw hell, who cares.. Have fun!! May you not get lifted for a pinch runner..... ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit