I have a concern about this forum

by palmtree67 176 Replies latest members private

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Palmtree, truely this forum has been through worst.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice,

Would you like me to post some of the things you have posted? I have been posting here for a year and lurked for a year before that, and I have never seen what's gone on here lately.

You are exactly proving my point here. You show up on this thread and immediately start bashing others with the sole purpose of inflaming the ones whom you have quoted. That's not what this thread was about, that's not what it's for.

Sorry, dear, this thread is not a personal pity party for you.

If you feel you have been wronged, start your own thread, post your concerns there.

I hope no one posts on it, and it is largely ignored.

• dinah
    dinah

When what I feel to be a Witness comes on here pushing our buttons..................

I'll give them HELL everytime.

I'm WAY BEYOND caring about their damn feelings. They HAVE NO FEELINGS, just spouting off their hateful nonsence that "MOM" taught them.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Mrs. J, I'm sure it has. I haven't been here a long time.

I just have always liked like how things could be discussed here and even disagreed upon respectfully.

Dinah, you have always disagreed respectfully. You don't post longwinded off topic nonsense.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"If you feel you have been wronged, start your own thread, post your concerns there."

I don't feel I've been wronged.

On this forum: Jehovah's Witnesses = hated
    ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and opposers = loyally accepted

It's very simple. There's at least seven million people who would agree with me. This is the first and last JW forum I'll ever visit. I've read horrible things on here I know are not true. There's nothing anyone can say that will ever convince me otherwise.

• dinah
    dinah

On this forum: Jehovah's Witnesses = hated
    ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and opposers = loyally accepted

It's very simple. There's at least seven million people who would agree with me. This is the first and last JW forum I'll ever visit. I've read horrible things on here I know are not true. There's nothing anyone can say that will ever convince me otherwise.

There are probably many more than 7 million who could tell you otherwise.

If you're happy there, stay and tow the line. If not don't throw rocks at us.

• debator
    debator

When you get two opposing groups you will get friction in debate especially if they do not allow that both sides have a right to their own point of view.

Some will see members of the other group as targets for their anger and hatred by virtue of simply being a member of that group. Dinah above gives a good example of this. Her words show that the person themselves matters not at all to her except as a target for her to give "hell" too, She has already dehumanised them saying "they have no feelings" so to her they are no longer even human, which is actually scary.

Some come on here for justifications for leaving witness so pro-witnesses are annoying as reminders that there are different viewpoints to their own out there. They want their ears "tickled" about leaving witnesses and are quite honest in this.

There are a few more objective ones and for me they make this site worth posting on as a witness but they are few and far between.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I don't feel I've been wronged.

Then your only purpose in posting the quotes you just did was to inflame and divert this topic.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just have always liked like how things could be discussed here and even disagreed upon respectfully.

But that's it Palm, Alice isn't here to be respectful or to have a discussion and agree to disagree on anything. She/he/it is here to fight. Nothing more, nothing less. Alice tries to take over topics to get attention and then plays martyr when folks tell her to shove off or the very least - stay on topic. This has happened time and again on this board. After while it gets old and folks like Alice move on.

I think Trevorgate was far more damaging to the board than little ole Alice.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The posters you are referring to display the same attributes you can expect from many JWs, using the same techniques of abuse, diversion, special pleading etc. that you can expect from your family and friends. That's why some of us think they are the same person. How they work is endemic to cults in general.

Think about the times you have had unsuccessful conversations with your Dubbies. Have they have ever actually won an argument? Or, have they always just found a way to derail it or avoid it?

Use the trolls. Keep them here for practicing your skills before you tackle your family members on a topic.

Have fun.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit