Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

I am a major Lucille Ball fan. I Love Lucy is the best show ever.

"So , why don't you join the thousands of happy, peppy people and get yourself a great big bottle of Vitameatavegamin. That's Vita-meata-vegamin."

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hablador, my horse, is a deep, red-chocolate color. He is the Red Horse. The Woman is fairly self explanatory.

This name has gotten some interesting reactions from active JWs, however. They immediately associate it with the Red Horse of War from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I rather like the reaction.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Jan,

In fact, cod is torsk in Norwegian. "Tosk" means "fool" and only that Of course, also Norwegians have been known to confuse the two words.
    Well, I'm glad I try not to take myself too seriously. I can't even get my name right.

If you're correct, I must also plead a lousy Norwegian dictionary.

from the Norwegian English Dictionary by Einar Haugen.

tosk 1. dial. cod.
    2. fool for en tosk hun hadde vært what a fool she had been (Skram).

As for the rest, I guess I was thinking of toskehode.

Ginny Toskehodet

• Will Power
    Will Power

WILL POWER

I have to use every ounce to keep my mouth shut around relatives - not all of them tho, thank God.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well, I used to be known as Mr. Out-In-Service but that all changed on day. Now Outaservice describes what I do today, but.....I still count my time!

Hey, who do I turn my time in to?

Outaservice (who would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy)

• JanH
    JanH

Ginny,

If you're correct, I must also plead a lousy Norwegian dictionary.

I don't see how.

- Jan
    --

• DB
    DB

From the song "The Ballad Of Danny Bailey", I got the DB initials. The song appears on Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album. It's my all-time favorite song.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Jan,

I was thinking of how I got the idea that tosk meant "cod."

The stuff I added beyond "fool"--blockhead, idiot--was my mistake, and I can't blame that on the dictionary.

Ginny

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

JanH, torsk, we call that poor mans Lobster in the US, but it is good.

Lilacs........Kinda says it all. I love the smell of Lilacs.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • LB
    LB

Like above, the name says it all.....

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit