Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Three years ago, I left my alcoholic wife and the troof at about the same time. I had lived for 40 years in alcoholic relationships (my mom and ex-wife) and never knew any peace in my home or my life.

When I left, it was in great measure to find peace. I have since married Tracy (Think41Self), trashed all the religious stuff, and finally have peace at last.

Since my peace is unencumbered by religious nonsense, it is free. Hence, FreePeace.

I have posted my name many times on the board, but did not want to do so in the beginning because of the partial relationship I've maintained with my parents. It is not as critical now, and I hope very much that perhaps some who I used to know and have left the bORG will recognize and contact me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Doug Kelley

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Valis
    Valis

Phillip K. Dick is my inspiration for handle. Valis was a story about a man who went looking for Dog and Dog ended up being a joke, and a virus, and a computer construct....*sprays Ubik on this post...shshshshshshshshsh*

• WindRider
    WindRider

Windrider is a character from the X-men comic series by Marvel. Well, the actual character is called Storm but Windrider is another title given to her......she is an inspirational character to me because through adversity she has kept a wonderful code of ethics, her dignity and is emotionally very strong. All things I would like to embody.

Sincerely,
    Robin

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

My name reflects how I feel about my life in the borg: it was years too long!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I thought these two words had a certain symmetry to them and would impress people that I must be very clever and knowledgeable.
    Since coming on the board Ive realized Im not.
    I like to believe my life is an ongoing journey of refining and purifying.

• COMF
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

When I first began reading this board, I didn't have the option of revealing myself by the moniker I had been known as on the witness boards.

SevenofNine was posting alot back then, she seemed especially sweet, and I thought I would pull her chain a bit. She promptly ignored me.

Another poster on this board I recognized as someone who had posted on a witness board as Star69, so I thought I would pull his chain a bit as well. He promptly ignored me.

Beyond those two things, I'm a big fan of reciprocal oral lovemaking, so the name fits from that aspect as well.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey COMF,

No offense intended, but I had guessed it meant "Crazy Old Mother F***er".

Since it doesn't, let's say that's what "Nathan Natas" means.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

(BTW I've never fessed before!)

Pope of Eruke:
    Not a real person, just a jokey made up name. Eruke is Greek for
    restrain, curb, hold back. The Pope of Restraint.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

My middle name is Gilberto (Gil). My last name, Guerrero, means "Warrior" in Spanish. Hence, gilwarrior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit