Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Okay Fess Up: What’s Your Handle Mean?

My handle: Mindchild comes from computer scientist and futurist Dr. Hans Moravec: who wrote the book, The future of robot and human intelligence which is a book about when we will be able to construct machines capable of human intelligence and raises the possibility of uploading ourselves (every thought we ever had) into an android body much superior to the human ones we have now.

I entertain the hope that not only will I live long enough to see this happen, I will transfer myself (the complete essence of what is me) into a body of my own choosing and become immortal if I so choose.

Who needs a god when you can do it yourself?

Skipper

• fodeja
    fodeja

Mine means nothing at all. It's basically constructed like some people make up their passwords: think of a sentence, and take the first letter(s) of each word. But I'm not going to tell you the sentence ;-)

f.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Mine comes from the Dutch soccer/football club, Ajax of Amsterdam even though there are some here who believes it comes from the Ajax Cleaning Products. LOL.

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I loved wonderwoman as a child and I believe I have survived a lot of crap in my life and have survived to be a fairly healthy woman that is on her way to success....

• Celtic
    Celtic

Mine is obviously the land of paganology from whence my history lies within, so it envelops ancient celtic wisdom and understanding of earth matters, a relationship with the earth and her healing qualities. There is also quite a bit of Merlin and King Arthur in me, which language use you get to see quite often. Also the perception of seeing within and among several different atmospheres of thought and understanding all at once, which makes it nigh impossible to make overall cognitive sense, but that be life, always transformative.

Peace

Celtic
    A Hundertwasser fan and lover of earthships.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

taken from an Indigo Girls song. It was my mantra when I was leaving the borg.

Lyrics to "Closer to Fine"

I'm trying to tell you something about my life
    Maybe give me insight between black and white
    The best thing you ever done for me
    Is to help me take my life less seriously
    It's only life after all
    Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable
    And lightness has a call that's hard to hear
    I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
    I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it
    I'm crawling on your shore
    I went to the doctor, I went to the mountains
    I looked to the children, I drank from the fountains
    There's more than one answer to these questions
    Pointing me in a crooked line
    The less I seek my source for some definitive
    The closer I am to fine
    The closer I am to fine

I went to see the doctor of philosophy
    With a poster of Rasputin and a beard down to his knee
    He never did marry or see a B-grade movie
    He graded my performance, he said he could see through me
    I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind, got my paper
    And I was free

The closer I am to fine
    The closer I am to fine

I stopped by the bar at 3 a.m.
    To seek solace in a bottle or possibly a friend
    I woke up with a headache like my head against a board
    Twice as cloudy as I'd been the night before
    And I went in seeking clarity.

We go to the doctor, we go to the mountains
    We look to the children, we drink from the fountains
    Yeah, we go to the bible, we go through the workout
    We read up on revival and we stand up for the lookout
    The closer I am to fine
    The closer I am to fine
    The closer I am to fine

closer

Failing is not falling, it is staying down and not picking yourself back up!
  • normie67
    normie67

mine comes from "a place where everybody knows your name"....ie Cheers..and no I don't resemble Norm in the least...but do have a penchant for the beer!!

Also the 67 is to throw off my real age..not born in 1967..little later than that..kind of ironic to be an active JW and take up the name "Normie" from a show where everybody knows your name...and yet here it is imperative that I remain anonymous.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

n67

• DIM
    DIM

A reference to a character in A Clockwork Orange as well as my feeling towards "the truth"

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• Mulan
    Mulan

My name is Marilyn, and my hotmail account, that I set up a long time ago, was mulan, since I did a lot of business in Asia. I used that account for the boards I was on, so used it to sign on with. Mulan and Marilyn are kind of similar. I haven't even seen the movie.

I am no longer concerned with being anonymous, and my real picture is here, and my real email account too. I have nothing to hide anymore. But when I started on message boards, I really wanted to be anonymous. If I could do it over, I would use my own name.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Francois
    Francois

Francois is the Frenchified version of my name, Frank. Many of my friends call me Francois, pronounced Franz-swa. I like it a whole lot better than Brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit