Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

The victm of too many car accidents. I feel like I have a target on me

• Adam
    Adam

I was directed to this site from someone I met on another exjw site. On that site I saw a bunch of people using aliases. I thought, "Why the hell would I want to do that? I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not on the boards and in the chat room, I want people to know who I am for real and right away. So why defeat that purpose by putting anything but my real name?" So here is Adam as Adam.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Cygnus, remember you were "Born In The Truth". what the heck does THAT mean? just teasing...

sunscapes speaks for itself...better off on an island.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

"Had Enough" is exactly how I felt after reading Crisis of Conscience and realizing all that I had once believed is just a lie.

So I stopped going to meetings etc. because basically I felt like I "had enough" of:

hurt, pain, tears, feeling inferior, feeling guilty for not getting enough service time, believing "the end was coming any day now", believing I would never grow old, and so on and so on...I'm sure you all know the feeling.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

My real first name is Gina. When I joined H2O, there was already another Gina on the board, and I didn't want to be confused with her, so I chose "Ginny" instead. I have fun with these "gin" derivatives, and have also posted as "Ginger" here.

"Tosken" is Norwegian for "the cod" and is a word they use to call somebody a blockhead, a fool, or an idiot. I figured it would be a constant reminder not to take myself too seriously.

Ginny the Fool

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Lady (trying to be clever) asking man if he would like to dance this foxtrot number: "Would you like to trot a fox?" instead of the so-o-o boring "Would you like to foxtrot?" So I became "Trotafox".

I'm a dancer.

Trot (a.k.a. Karen)

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• myself
    myself

i chose "myself" because that is just who i like to be: myself. It has added some unintended fun to the chat.It was a great icebreaker.
    :D

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

im just BERNARD WHO USE TOO STAND WITH A WACTHTOWER ON THE BOULVARD
    WITH An enslaved MIND THAT DID NOT THINK TOO HARD ABOUT y n da hell am i peddling watchtowers in the snow,sleet and rain but know i don't anymore with my working and thinking free mind within the brain. LOL

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

I picked my name because at the time I was stuggling with alot of things with the org. The main thing was should I confess a sin to the elders.

• JanH
    JanH

Ginny,

"Tosken" is Norwegian for "the cod"

In fact, cod is torsk in Norwegian. "Tosk" means "fool" and only that Of course, also Norwegians have been known to confuse the two words.

Ah, the origin of my handle is simply my first name and initial of my last name. Not imaginative, but I can and do stand for what I say with my identity (no criticism of those who cannot or will not).

- Jan
    --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit