Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I guess hungry 4 life speaks for itself.
    When I first came to this board I was hungering for truth, acceptance, a place to vent, understanding , personal growth. I wanted to get to know other people and their rainbow of opinions.I was hungering for strength, experience and freedom. Thanks to all of you for all of this and more. Is it time to change my name? I have thought about it, but then again it's important to stay hungry.
    Someone once quoted a poem for me on this board that contained the phrase hungry for life but I don't remember which thread it was on. If anyone remembers I would love to add it to my signature.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Abaddon is the Biblical 'Angel of the Abyss', which has the right weight of fancifullness and arrogance... nothing like a bit of mystical babble...

'A bad 'un'' is the way a Londoner would say 'A bad one', which is both self-depreciating and sarcastic...

Abaddon is a character in a series of books by Julian May whom I find quite interesting...

I like handles, having started online back in the comparatively ancient '93 when everyone used them, but anyone who's bothered can hit my profile and see my real name, Gyles Williams

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• terafera
    terafera

My beautiful father (who was disfellowshipped when he died) was named Terry. His life always saddened me, and it hurt to see how the Witnesses shunned him for being an alcoholic. He was very sweet.

My mother would call him 'Terry Ferry' as a joke to kind of razz him. I didnt want people to think I was a guy named Terry who was a 'fairy'.. so I went by TeraFera. That way people would know I'm a woman and I also could acknowledge my dad, which is what JW's refused to do.

My real name is Deborah:)

p.s.- I tried to upload my pic once but it didnt work. I dont have a site to place my picture on so I used Lisa from the Simpsons. I think she represents me because she is cute, smart, witty and never loses her optimism.

Goethe

• cellomould
    cellomould

i like to play the cello

you know figured out quickly the relation to 'jello mold'
    yep, that's all

don't like mould?

how about...

cellomildew

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

Im 10 feet tall, happy go lucky and have the skin tone of a cucumber!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Well, when I first started posting here I wanted to remain anonymous, so I did a goofy dude's name inspired by the Three Stooges. Quite the no-brainer huh?

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I am madly, make you puke, in love with my hubby. Betcha can't guess his name...

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

From the Bob Dylan song, "Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again".

Now the bricks lay on Grand Street
    Where the neon madmen climb.
    They all fall there so perfectly,
    It all seems so well timed.
    An' here I sit so patiently
    Waiting to find out what price
    You have to pay to get out of
    Going through all these things twice.
    Been through a lot of things I don't want to go through twice...

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• Sky
    Sky

Sky
    Is
    My
    Name
    Kisses!
    Sky

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I like the singer Chaka Kahn and the way her name sounds when pronounced. The Conned part is pretty self explanatory. That's the way I feel about the whole JW experience. They got me pretty good :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit