Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Belligerent Paladin
    Belligerent Paladin

Belligerent - Because I try to promote an attitude of positive belligerence amongst myself and others. (Whatever that is.)

Paladin - Which is a holy warrior. (Whatever that is.) I perceive myself as such in my frequent moments of narcissism and self delusion. Warrior, because I don't run away from conflict and consider myself pretty good at it. Holy, because I should be cannonized for sainthood and can walk on water when it gets pretty deep (the water, that is.) and like pretty much everybody but the vicious, lying, backstabbing scum that seems to creep in everywhere.

Belligerent Paladin -because its kind of an oxymoron. (e.g. the truth, my life, you know, etc.)

-The Belligerent Paladin (aka Buscadordeverdad)
    P.S. Good to see you, Cygnus

"There are orcs afoot - now where did I put my Broad ... Sword."

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fess up. Hah! What sort of bastardised English is that?

OK, The first time that I looked at H20, I thought, mistakenly, that it was a pro-witness American site. At the time was feeling very anti-witness, so I decided that I would join up as pro-witness, English brother. My intention was to enviegle myself as a mature dub, and then sort of "fall away", eventually lobbing my apostate "bombs" across the Atlantic.

I quickly realised that I was in good company, but the name seems to have stuck. I did apologise to the UK ex-dubs for using the name, it does sound a bit presumptious I suppose.

I suppose I could be:

Howard Eyeknow.

Amanda Screwmey.

Eileen Dover.

Nope, from now on call me Loretta.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Tatiana is my daughter's name. I got it from a vampire novella (Fantastic Universe-Omnibus, "She Only Goes Out at Night" by William Tenn). But I always sign my real name, April, because there are some exjw friends out there I'm hoping to find.

April
    "Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

well, my name comes from two things. when i was in highschool and bored to tears in class, i'd scribble and doodle all over my notebooks. i'd write "peace love and happiness" or peace sign, heart and smilie (also seens on my notebooks "sex, drugs and rock n roll hehehe). so that's kinda stuck with me all these years (i've been called a hippie chick since i was 16) and when i came here, i decided to use part of that but instead of happiness, i substituted my real name. there ya go :) of course i also try to promote peace, love and happiness (and harmony) in my daily life.

love
    Harmony

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

I got tired of my old Handle "Andee". I made that name up in a hurry when I decided to register with this board after months of lurking.
    It is the syllables of my real name prounounced backwards.

So, I decided I wanted to make a change with the new year. I made up a list of new names. I couldn't make a final decision. I consulted with my pal, Msil, and HE is the reason I am GoldDustWoman.

Anyway, if you don't like it, tell HIM about it

GoldDustWoman is the title of a Fleetwood Mac song that was written by Stevie Nicks.

The first line goes "Rock on, Gold Dust Woman"

And, so I do.

GDW

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I got my name from a song sung by Shawn Mullins. A local artist who did manage to have a couple of popular songs. He has a song called "Shimmer" which brought me to tears the first time I heard it(probably because of where I "was" at that time in my life/marriage/motherhood).

The part that I like goes like this:

I want to shimmer, I want to shine
    I want to radiate
    I want to live, I want to love
    I want to try to learn not to hate

Shimmer

I used to be duped, but am no more!!

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
    -------Helen Keller

• KenUK
    KenUK

Sigh:-) Would Ken from the UK identify the handle!!

Seemed original way back - not so now..

(Joining the JeffT club...)

• KenUK
    KenUK

(was repetition for emphasis... responses in between disconnections!)

• Patriot
    Patriot

Have always felt a sense of duty..jobs never done..have to keep going even if it means dying.

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Seemed redundant to call myself "Planetearth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit