Okay Fess Up: What's Your Handle Mean?

by Mindchild 95 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

I don’t know what mine means. I wanted a screen name and could not think of one, so I got an idea. I rented a monkey and sat it in front of a typewriter. After a very long time the monkey typed out the entire bible, Genesis through Revelation. The monkey looked at me and then typed B O R G F R E E. I shouted EUREKA, but used Borgfree instead.

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • safe4kids
    safe4kids

When I first started posting on internet boards, I was still very angry about the policies of the WTS that allow child molestation to continue and perpetrators to go unpunished. I'm still passionate about it, but not quite so angry as I used to be. Anyway, in my rose-colored-glasses view of the world, it would be a place safe for children, hence the name.

Dana

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    she is an inspirational character to me because through adversity she has kept a wonderful code of ethics, her dignity and is emotionally very strong. All things I would like to embody.

And you are all those things....those are characteristics of you that I greatly admire.

I used to use Skeptic's Soapbox, the name of my web site. The H2Oer's shortened it to either SS or Skeptic. I liked Skeptic, so I kept it. I consider myself a Skeptic, someone who looks at the provable facts before coming to a conclusion. That is the ideal I try to live up to.

Richard

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ashitaka-

Character in Princess Mononoke who says "I came to see with eyes unclouded, by hate."

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

After years as a faithful JW, "Hmmm" is a sound I started making more and more, now it's more like "Hmmph."

Hey dubla, when I first saw your handle, I thought you were a dub from LA

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Hungry4Life,

Someone once quoted a poem for me on this board that contained the phrase hungry for life but I don't remember which thread it was on. If anyone remembers I would love to add it to my signature.

I'm not sure about a poem, but "hungry for life" appears in a song by Sade (the singer, not the Marquis). She said she met a "bloke" in a bar in New York in the 1980s and he started talking about his experiences during the Vietnam war, and that conversation inspired the song.

he told me sweet lies of sweet loves
    heavy with the burden of the truth
    and he spoke of his dreams
    broken by the burden
    broken by the burden of his youth
    fourteen years he said
    i couldn't look into the sun
    she saw him laying at the end of my gun
    hungry for life
    and thirsty for the distant river
    i remember his hands
    and the way the mountains looked