The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Dave (seven006)...you got mail dude.

Pork Chop your concerns are appreciated and being investigated even as I type this.

Skipper

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Been reading the thread and just wanted to chime in. Frankly, it wasn't a bad idea to see the elders(if she really did). Sounds contrived, though. Something isn't sitting right with me. Their reactions are so out there. The elder's I knew wouldn't scream....EVER. They would quietly ask them to leave their hall and direct furthur questions to the legal department at the society.

Good intentions, bad result, I think. Makes all who agree with our interpretation of our pasts seem like crazies and degenerates, bullies who just want to piss off a couple of no accounts for kicks.

I'm so goddamn pissed off about my friends who were sexually abused I could walk around with a shovel and give the pederasts a few good whacks, but this Jerry Springer confrontation was ineffectual, if even true. Perhaps it was even harmful.

But, whatever. I'm not a JW anymore. Who cares.

ashi

• sadiejive
  • cat1759
    cat1759

Danni and Darryl,
    I want to applaude your efforts. You saw a problem and tried to tackle it. I know what you have been through behind those doors. The elders scream and yell, cuss and say things that are not right. Including Jehovahs spirit just flew out the door because I opened it when my 3yr old was sitting in a judicial committee because his aunt had sexually abused him. We as parents were not allowed back there and I expressly told the elders that my son was not to sit by her at all. They sat him right next to her. My son had gone to the drs and psychiatrist within three days of finding things out. The abuse took place, the elders were mad because we had taken my son to the drs, the state was now on top of the whole situation. In a court of law she was found guilty by admission. IN the hall she was still in good standing. Never disfellowshipped due to the fact no one had witnessed her doing this to my son.
    Danni, I have been called by Kim at ap press news. She has dug into my sons files. I have talked to many wonderful fathers who are stepping down as elders due to the abuse they witnessed and they no longer want to see this happen.
    You took charge of a situation. I see so many advantages to what you have done. You see, you let them all know that this kind of abuse is not going to be tolerated any more. You were invited to ask questions, and that is what you did.
    The fact that they could not answer those questions was their fault!!! Not yours. I applaud you for your behavior as I can feel it was well intentioned and above board for you and your partner.
    YOu had every right to be there. Just because we don't talk about what we do behind the scenes does not mean we arent doing anything, you are doing something in public and I commend you both whole heartedly.
    Now for all you weirdos who have put danni down, get a life. She is a woman on a mission and nothing is going to stop her. Be a mom on a mission, nothing stopped me. I lost a marriage and my whole family by allowing this to go to court. Someone had to stand up for my son, no one else was going to. I had no one to go through this! But I will be damned if all your nasty comments would have stopped me in my tracks.
    She might have prevented someone outside in the crowd from molesting their own child that night. You don't know how far her hand reaches. One more thing, I had a cop named stuart as a dear friend..he was willing to do the same thing for me danni did for all of us. This is not unusual.
    cathy

• getingout
    getingout

Mindchild says: Pork Chop your concerns are appreciated and being investigated even as I type this.

Hey mindchild why don't you take some of those investigative skills and investigate the Elders who screw children?. It'll make it a lot easier on people like Danni. ah but you won't,instead you will just wait until another person comes along and does your job for you so you can scream innocent people will be hit by bullets again.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

To all peeps who were molested and know people who were:

I know your pain. I had two people who were dear to me who were molested. Raped, rather. And they both tried to kill themselves. I hate the JW's for covering up.

BUT RESERVE JUDGEMENT.

The interview was unprofessional. Two law enforcement officers acted badly. Like bullies. I'm not a bully. I'm not pushing my weight around. Yet, I believe in the cause.

I know that elders CAN go nuts. But in front of outsiders? I've never seen it. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but keep an open mind.

I agree with Bill Bowen. I also agree with those who say that all JW's aren't child molesters. I grew up in a fam that didn't have the slightest idea about this stuff. They need to be eased into the truth about the 'truth' or else they'll think it is a lie, and think that all of us good people are liars, and they will not be helped to be happy.

I'm hoping to cause the JW's to renig on their "godly org" (whatever) because of the corruption in it. Even if Danni's story is all true, take it with a grain of salt.

ashi

• getingout
    getingout

Cat,I appluad you for what you did fighting the system in there. I have nothing but mad respect for women. My Mom is a strong woman also. If my dad and her broke apart she would keep going on with the same inner strength you have.
    I am surprised to see , so many in here are saying Danni didn't tell the truth behind what happened in there. I have been in for 25yrs some of points she brought out hits right on what I have seen from Elders in dealings with my Father. Another thing that hits home is the speakerphone. The exact same incident happened to my Dad because they thought he was going to start speaking out about the JWS. They wanted to see if he knew how far he could go in a court of law against them he wanted to take it that far. Danni doesn't know that was one of the reasons they had the speakerphone in there.
    And notice the first thing the speaker phone lawer did was try to defend the Elders,by making it appear that they didn't have any knowledge of the law and later contradicts himself with reasons why the elders discourages others not to go to the law.? No one could make that up if they wanted to. If she wanted to make up a story she could have came up with a better story than this. They were just cold busted.

Cat keep up the good work and stand strong no matter what others tell you. You too Danni.

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Listen here, Getinout,

More than once, we have people on here touting how they are going to bat for JW and elder abused children. People that have no history on this board. Out of the blue they come, with their stories of child abuse and how they are going to stop it in the WTS. Fake court stories, etc. Then, after many people invest themselves emotionally, they come to find out that these tales are nothing more than a ruse from some pathetic moron out to cause discord on the discussion board.

Whether Danni is on the the up and up, only time will tell. I hope that she is. I just wonder what her objectives are.

Given that history here, I think it perfectly reasonable that some people would express skepticism. No one has attacked Danni. They have only expressed concerns about how this came about and what the goal of it is.

GDW

• seven006
    seven006

After a little reflection on my earlier comments I felt I need to say something. My email box has been full with people expressing both negative and positive comments about what I have said in this thread. I was starting to get a little angry and my last post reflect that anger. I have always prided myself about having an open mind and looking at things in a non judgmental way.

My post about people getting off their computers and doing something was indeed unfair. Teejay pointed that out in a private email and in my anger I stepped out of character and said he was playing a game. For that I apologize and do appreciate him pointing that out to me.

To all of you that my comment offended I apologize for that. This is a very personal issue for me and because of the heart ache it has brought to someone who was very close to me and the pain that I endured resulting form her pain I have looked at this matter with some prejudice.

I understand your comments just as I understand how and why the meeting with Danni and the elders went down. As in most cases where controversial subject matter is being discussed things can get out of hand and a bit heated. With that in mind I can see why both parties acted as they did. That does not discount the fact that the watchtower's policy is wrong and it hurts many people.

Danni has tried to understand the JW mind and it's people with information gathered in only a few days. If the meeting could have been put off a little for her to gain a little better understanding it might have helped. If the elders would have conducted the meeting in a different place than the kingdom hall that would have helped. What's done is done. The key now is to see where it will go. I will continue to support Danni in her efforts and instead of making a statements like I did I will try to explain to Danni why those comments were made.

I think most of the posters in this thread agree that the policy is flawed and has caused a lot of pain and suffering to a lot of people. This subject matter brings noting but pain and emotional responses from all involved. Most of have family still in the religion. I, as all of you do not see our family members as harborers of pedophiles. But, we do see our families still in the religion as being blinded by the hidden agenda of the watchtower society. I will do my best to keep that in mind when making further comments in this matter. Anger can certainly skew a clear perspective.

Teejay, thank you. Sometimes it takes me a little while to collect my thoughts and come to a clearer understanding of things. Please read my last email to you with this post in mind.

For those of you that wish to comment on this matter I think as many opinions that you wish to post are all important. As long as they are constructive and keep the over all big picture in mind they shouldn't be discounted.

I would like to thank everyone for your personal emails. I am keeping my stance on the importance of this issue and the good that Danni's actions have done but, I am humbly dismounting my high horse.

Take care,

Dave

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Danni,

JWs have been fighting among themselves for a hundred years! Those that choose to fight do so because they have a personal stake in the fight, some feel it's worth the risk of losing everything! I fear for you, you have no reason to risk anything in this.

I am afraid you have jumped into a caldron, sadly some are so deperate for revenge they applaud your leap regardless of the price you and others may have to pay.

You have a fine career ahead of you, stick to helping your community in general, don't get involved with correcting religion it is one hell of a nasty business! Fanaticism can be found on both sides of any religious fence, blind fanaticism.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit