The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Cheers Danni for sharing with us in our concerns, it really is appreciated.

You wrote in a style which I know to be true, the answers these elders gave you were automated responses (the corporate line) and you put across the whole thing very well.

If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call [email protected]

www.can-online.org.uk

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Ugh, they are such liars. In the first month of my marriage my witness husband beat and choked me. I went to the elders and they formed a committee. During the committee I mentioned how I was afraid of my spouse and wanted to leave. They told me that I would not prosper spiritually as I would be breaking up the family and 'Jehovah hates a divorcing.' I went to the elders many times because my father said I should go to show a pattern and eventually they would disfellowship my husband. After meeting with committees several times within the first 6 months of marriage, I told the elders that the next time I would call the police for protection. They responded, "that is not how we handle things in Jehovah's organization." They quoted the scripture about brothers going to court with other brothers and said I would bring reproach upon the organization and I was the one who would be disciplined. They said, "Jehovah's organization is a theocracy, not a democracy." They said the holy spirit would leave me and I would fall away. This was scary stuff for a newly baptized person. When my mother was a witness they told her that even if my father asked her to sit in a puddle out in the rain, she must do it so as to be in subjection. That was when she promptly disassociated herself. Do not be fooled, those elders encourage silence as anything else will bring reproach upon the organization. It sickens me to hear these elders say anything to the contrary.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Way to go, Danni!

Most likely the mystery man on the phone was from the Watchtower Legal Dept. or the Service Dept. You're a privileged woman!

AlanF

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

yrs2long,

Just another JW horror story. Your JW marriage sounds very much like mine.
    I would have emailed you but yours is not open.
    Hope you are happy now.

And Damn them all to hell! (whether they believe in it or not..LOL)

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

In a world of peace and love, music would be the universal language...Thereau

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Danni,

Way to go, girl. Kudos to you and your partner, Darryl.

You surely put them in their places. As for the Speakerphone Voice, that's something I cannot imagine that they do: Hiding behind some wall anonymously to answer your questions, speaking of being cowardly when facing somebody who's not a JW.

You and Darryl were straight to the point. They were surely trying to evade you.

All I can say is: GREAT WORK!

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Danni, unfortunately I have missed your other posts on this subject but I'm so glad I found this one. You two were awesome!

Yrs2long, you are beautiful. I hope you're out of that aweful marriage and have found happiness.

Love,
    Blue

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HA-Ha!Hey Danni,you and Darryl did good!Real good!Their probably still shitting their pants,all the way to the top brass.Now you know how the sorry bastards work and they didn`t like that a bit(LOL).You may not know it but you have helped.God bless you both!...OUTLAW........>>>HEY WBTS,I know you sorry bastards are reading this site.So are thousands of others!People you have fucked over in the name of your religion,only to see how you really operate.Your losing!Live With IT!..LOL...OUTLAW

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Danni.

Interesting meeting. I bet they are STILL talking about that. Too bad there wasn't a TV or radio news crew outside.

Tell us... did you find out what you hoped to find out?

And what about Joe? Did you ruin things for him and you?

Peace,
    tj

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Way to go Danni and Darryl. You asked all the right questions and Darryl is so right about why people get angry. Only guilty people get angry.
    Also they better watch their backs now. I am really curious about that phone number about Bill Bowen. You really need to send it to him, just in case he doesn't read this thread.
    He has threatened legal action against them if they did anything to besmirch his name. This may be the concrete evidence he needs to nail them.
    Apostates indeed. Whatever.
    Yrs2long and California, been there done that, no matter how you handle it the elders don't take care of you. My heart goes out to others who suffered even worse than I did!!
    I call this a major victory. And the best part of all is that all in the congregation were listening outside the door. How nicely and lovingly their wonderful elders acted. Hmphhhh.
    TW

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just had an email from Bill Bowen, and he has read this thread. He was VERY amused about the phone call that "gives the real truth" about him.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit