The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• getingout
    getingout

I have been watching this board for over a year now. I am only a newbie here in the sense that, this is my first time speaking to you jerks. I read what happened between her and the Elders at that meeting.

MindChild what the hell are you talking about bullets flying. There was no bullets flying there was only bullshit flying from the elders.

Joel you said you don't believe it because, it was durning a meeting time? Let me let you, in on a secert. I have been going to the meetings all my life. I am 25 now, I have seen myself meetings taking place in those back rooms with several different people. I bet if a child came up and said, he was molested you would doubt it because it was durning meeting hours.

I knew she was telling the truth the moment she said, there was a voice on a speakerphone. The same shit happened to my Dad. They are full of shit. I am glad they made a big deal out of it in front of the others.

Danni, has been taking insults from those of you who could care less if children were screwed or not. She has done in two days what most of you have been saying for over a year now.

Danni, You should have waited before you went to the meeting. You should have stayed here and read a little more you would have seen for yourself these people only come here to talk the talk , not walk the walk. Stick around Danni they will do the same shit tommorrow and the next day, the next day, etc..etc..etc..

Detective you think Danni, owes you something? Get off your high horse she don't owe you a damn thing. Hell she don't owe any of you a damn thing. You said, she belittled you? All you have done is put down her efforts. You don't like the way she handled things, you have a problem with the so-called abuse of power she used, you have a problem with ..blah..blah..blah.. Who's belittling who? You can damn sure dish out but you can't take it. I don't think she's going to lose any sleep over you not talking with her.

Danni, I am a JW. I have been one all mylife, the life of a JW is not all it's made out to be; at the same time it's not that bad in the sense that the world is any better. What you don't know about the people here most are here holding grudges. They didn't think you had the balls to do what you did. To be honest with you I didn't think you would go there either. Yet I realized it was much easier for you to do that because you don't have the fear most of these cowards have towards elders. I want to apologize to you because you came here to learn about a JW man you have some interest in, instead you were giving a long list of all the bad things JWs do to kids. you tried to make a difference. You have done more in the few short days you have been here than most of these jerks will do in a life time toward JWs.

Pat yourself on your back and do the same for your partner.

• getingout
    getingout

backout2nite said: Being that you are an
    outsider, you did not acomplish anything by going there.

She did more than you will ever do.

Porkchop said: Whoever wrote this clearly knows nothing of elders or how they work. This thing is as false as a three dollar bill.

That's right, she could have waited until someone like yourself came and told her but, you never did .. Where were you when she was making plans on going there, eating porkchops?

Ask yourself a few questions in the whole issue. What does Danni have to gain in this whole matter?
    seven006 said: What personal benefit does she derive from taking her own time to look into this matter? Is she jeopardizing her job to continue on with this? Why should she care about any of us or them?
    Some of you love to sit back and voice your opinions, but when it comes to doing something besides just posting on this board you turn off your computer and go watch Darma and Greg. This does not mean you are bad, stupid, bitchy, or just trying to get a little attention. It means you just may have had enough and you are tired of fighting the bullshit that has been laid upon you because you were once a JW.

And to add to that, she didn't come back here and say the children were being mistreated. She told how happy they were running around playing,(BTW way kids are ALWAYS PLAYING in the congregations) she didn't say the teenagers looked horny , she said they were talking in separate groups. She didn't say the woman walked up to her with a nasty look on her face, she didn't say they wore their uniforms they made it a point not to wear their uniforms. There are many things she brought out that made sense to me that could only come from a person that walked in there with a open mind. There's not one of you here that would have had an open mind like in there. They would have came back and told ever dirty story they could make up.
    You all patted kenny on his back when he went to congregation with his fag boyfriend just to make a fool out of the Elders and come back and brag about it. You have a problem with her?. At least she was honest in what she went there for , at least she told them why she was coming. They are the ones that tried to pull a trick on her.

Danni those elders were mad because you brought a man with you, they would have taken advantage of you if you had not. GOOD FOR YOU.

• seven006
    seven006

getingout.

First of all I want to say that was one hell of an entrance. Your first post was a bit out of the normal "hi how are ya I'm pissed" kind of post.

One little bit of advice. Watch out for the generalizations. We may disagree, we may argue at times, but we are not all jerks. Granted there are a few jerks on the board, but overall there are some pretty good people here.

I enjoyed most of your comments and look forward to more of them.

Take care,

Dave

• teejay
    teejay

Dave,

You did something in your last post that Danni did previously that I feel compelled to point out to you. It bothered to read it the first (and second) time *she* said it but thought I'd let it slide. Now, you've done it a second time, I feel it's necessary for me to reenter this thread to make this one, off-topic point

On page four, detective gave what I thought was some very excellent general knowledge information that all peace officers should always keep in mind in the course of doing their work, including:

I do believe I DID warn you to use caution, review your goals and be perfectly clear that you were not there on official business. I think that's when you implied I was a lawyer(?) or otherwise tried to laugh off my warnings? So please don't suggest that everyone was gung ho on your approach. Again, I'm glad you feel motivated, I'm just not a fan of abusing power.
    Danni responded:
    You sound just like those elders in that room, they don't feel they should obey the law unless they are getting something personal out of it. Tell me why don't you go and use your knowledge with the elders who knows maybe you too can make a difference in there. After all you give great adivce behind your computer let's see you go there and stop the abuse than come and question me.
    Now, here, on page eight, you said:
    Those who support her efforts but do not agree with her methods could take a little time and put together a full plan of exactly what would be the correct method of exposing this issue and then get off your soap box and do it. If all you want to do is criticize how this has all come down then tell her exactly the right way to do it and get out from behind your computers and do it the right way yourselves.
    If you don't mind my saying so, that is a totally ridiculous, asinine, condescending point of view and I find it very offensive and sickening.

Question: How do either of you know that some (all?) of us haven't already "gotten from behind our computer screens" and done something? Danni has a fine motivation in what she did—no one's argued that—and she's told an interesting story of what she did, bringing to the surface an issue important to many of us. Who knows what good she actually accomplished? Maybe quite a bit.

But for the two of you to think that Danni and silentlambs are the only ones who are active in bringing this matter to the attention of others, YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN. Just because we have not posted our personal efforts to the applause and rave reviews of the ex-JW crowd here in NO WAY suggests that we have been idly sitting on our hands.

Remember (if you would): some of us learned of this MORE THAN A YEAR AGO (as opposed to two weeks ago) and just because you have not heard our stories does not mean those events are not taking place all over the place.

Thank you.

• teejay
    teejay

Btw, Detective

You have made some excellent points in this thread, including the last one. You seem well-versed in what should be police thought and procedure and your counsel/insights are very well-reasoned. I have appreciated them. Had I known you would cover the topic of "how do you know?" I might not have reentered this thread. I posted before I had a chance to read yours.

Thank you very much for your fairness.

• seven006
    seven006

Teejay,

<<<If you don't mind my saying so, that is a totally ridiculous, asinine, condescending point of view and I find it very offensive and sickening.>>>

Your comments are noted and appreciated. I stand by what I said. If you choose to take it personal that's up to you.

Take care

Dave

• getingout
    getingout

seven006 getingout.

Seven006 said: First of all I want to say that was one hell of an entrance. Your first post was a bit out of the normal "hi how are ya I'm pissed" kind of post.

One little bit of advice. Watch out for the generalizations. We may disagree, we may argue at times, but we are not all jerks. Granted there are a few jerks on the board, but overall there are some pretty good people here.

That's true 006, but it's just a shame that someone comes on here and does something to make a difference in the lives of those who can't speak up for themselves and she's attacked for it. They are doing all they can to find holes in her story. Detective have taken it to the level of trying to tell her how she should act as a cop. Because she didn't jump right on it, he would have everyone believe she did something wrong. Who the hell is detective that he should tell her how to do her job. I am sure he wouldn't have a problem with the way she handled things if she had defended his sorry ass or protected someone he loved. They have BIG BALLS when going up against a woman doing her job. But they shrink fast when they go up against Elders.

Teejay is looking for anyone that has a problem with the way she handled things at the same time trying to pretend he's a friend of her's. What crap. Danni I know you thought TJ was a cool dude but how do you feel now after seeing his true face towards you?

• seven006
    seven006

getintout,

I am completely agreeable with your last post. I just made a comment that we are not all the same and we are not all jerks. I think teejay is playing a game that I refuse to take a part of.

You views are very much appreciated by me.

Take care
    Dave

• thinker
    thinker

It seems to me that when someone is supporting a policy that cannot be reasonably defended, they often resort to personal attacks (as evidenced by speakerphone man and a handful of posters on this thread).
    As I see it, Danni went to investigate a POLICY. The congregation and the elders just happened to be the most convenient place to do this. It was not a personal vendetta against anyone.
    I admire her for trying to help innocent people. Cops do this when they're off-duty all the time. If it's OK to stop a robbery off-duty, then whats wrong with this?
    This policy stinks! Innocent people are threatened so that the WT corporation can maintain a good public image. Meanwhile, the wolves are given a slap on the wrist and returned to the flock. Where are all the JW defenders on this issue? THE POLICY CANNOT BE DEFENDED. Their only solution is to ignore it or attack the person who pointed it out. What gets me is some ex-JWs seem willing to help them.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

You know what guys!

I am a non-JW like Danni and I am also one of the few ones who applauded her for her actions. As I read her story and threads, I don't recall people asking her not to do this and to do that. I also recall people telling Danni what questions to ask.

Something that I notice is this: she is not a JW and she is curious about those issues regarding Child Abuse, Rape and the way the JWs handle it. Can't she ask a direct question to the elders about that?

It does seem to me that the elders really got defensive when they were asked those questions particularly from a cop. How do they know that she was a cop? Because they were already told by the sisters who visited and INVITED Danni. Also, about the voice on the SpeakerPhone, clearly the elders did had the meeting rigged up and it backfired on them.

Another thing is that I noticed that the whole bunch of you are flaming Danni all because she is not a JW and she is taking actions that JWs and xJWs cannot take. Why? 'Cause JW's are AFRAID to ask the same questions and xJWs will NEVER be able to question the elders since they are shunned.
    Also I may add that when an xJW, a df'd JW, a da'd JW or a fade-away JW does the same thing as what Danni did, you all applaud that action.

I wonder why that is?

Ajax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit