The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Danni
    Danni

IslandWoman Danni,

JWs have been fighting among themselves for a hundred years! Those that choose to fight do so because they have a personal stake in the fight, some feel it's worth the risk of losing everything! I fear for you, you have no reason to risk anything in this.

IW it's funny but I should have realized that with You Know and AlanF. But it still didn't get through I have learned that the hard way now.

Dave check your email it's kind of good news. You be the judge. I have a smile from ear to ear. Dave also I want to say, yes it was about the kids being molested but I also had other questions from them I just didn't get the chance to put them out there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!this thread has been viewed 3932 times so far!..OUTLAW

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Danni...now that the smoke from this firestorm is starting to clear somewhat, I was wondering how you felt about the individuals on this board that shared somewhat of a different perspective than you did? Do you feel that they treated you personally unfairly or that they just didn't understand the whole story that you were not able to tell because of circumstances?

I think one of the signs of growth and recovery from the Borg is the ability to openly question things and to ask questions. We couldn't do that inside the organization and now we are rather skeptical of things that sometimes either sound too good to be true or on the flip side, things don't add up right.

Hopefully you can see that some of us were not really bent on persecuting you but just wanted to find answers. Having said all that, I hope you stick around and welcome to the board.

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

I know myself pretty well and yet even I hesitate to say that there is something I would never do. How can anyone say of the entire BOE that they would never do something as trivial as yell at a non-jw? Especially considering that many witnesses only see non-jws as potential converts and yet here you have two bringing accusations from apostate websites and it is thought that these elders would have held back out of fear of stumbling these non-believers? Ever thought an elder would molest? And if the Governing Body could align itself with the UN after demonizing it for many years, can it really be said that an entire group of folks or even one representative of that deceiving group of men could never do something? This account does not stink to me, and if it does it surely reeks of the stench of credible truths I've had opportunity(?) to observe in my short JW experience. How did the elders allow this incident to progress to this point? Easily answered, IMHO, they probably helped to escalate it there.

I wanted to add that I haven't had the experience yet on this board of finding people with entirely contrived stories but even if this account turned out to be entirely fictional, and this is certainly not a disclaimer, I just cannot summarily dismiss it out of hand simply because it is outside of the realm of anything I've experienced in the organization.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Danni Says:

This is where I will cut out other things being said, between them because it almost led to fights. There was a lot of yelling. Infact so much yelling and insults going back and fourth, someone knocked on the door of the office and asked us to keep it down because the children was listening. The whole congregations was listening.

Joelbear says:

Yeah, I believe this. A meeting with 3 elders and a speaker phone going on during a Congregation meeting with yelling and insults. Happened all the time at my hall.

Joel

• Danni
    Danni

Mindchild Danni...now that the smoke from this firestorm is starting to clear somewhat, I was wondering how you felt about the individuals on this board that shared somewhat of a different perspective than you did? Do you feel that they treated you personally unfairly or that they just didn't understand the whole story that you were not able to tell because of circumstances?

I feel they may have reacted differently if I had told them everything. Keeping some of the facts out may have led to them doubting what happed between us. As I sad lastnight I don't hold any hard feeling towards them.. well okay I don't like Yadrif....

I would also like to add. People are under the impression that being a cop means I am not human. I am not suppose to react as a "normal" human. This is so far from the truth. I was just telling a lady in the email. I am suppose to have all the answers. I am not even allowed to say, how do you do that?, what's that all about? etc. right away a person will say. "your a cop you don't know?" .Believe it or not I don't know everything I don't try to pretend like I know everything. I ask questions because all it does is teach me and show me things I would never have understood. Do you understand what I am trying to say? If I was trying to be a know-it-all cop ass kicking cop I wouldn't have cared about anything. I would have just walked in there and as others have said, abused my power. I would have made ..that doesn't matter..the point is, I left out so much of that meeting because i knew it wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out what city we were in and make more trouble. I also knew there were Jehovah's Witnesses here and I didn't want them to see the dark side of things there. I didn't feel I should have done that to anyone. Yadrif is a good example of a trouble maker. An old man with nothing more to do than become upset because the meeting didn't turn out the way he and others wanted it to.

Please do express yourselves . You don't have to agree with me on things but I can tell you honestly I slept alright lastnight inspite of what happened here. And I did keep in mind just as many people were against me, there were also as many supporting me. Thanks.
    Especially to you Dave.

• Danni
    Danni

LOL OUTLAW are you having a good time?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Danni,you sly devil,you knew I was watching.(LOL)Yeah,I`m having a good time.Hey,can we throw a cyber war or what!(LOL)So how do you like the board so far,pretty interesting eh?Your doin good here Danni...OUTLAW..>>>>>>>>>>Whoa! It`s that "DAM Skipper!!"Wheres my shotgun??!!..LOL...OUTLAW

• seven006
    seven006

Danni,

It is easy for people who have never served as a cop to get the wrong idea about them. They do not understand about what you have to deal with on a daily basis and what that does to a normal human. Your partners reaction to the elders was in my opinion very typical of a cop coming to the defense of his partner. You two depend on each other to watch each others back in life and death situations. It almost becomes automatic to react as he did. I can see that but not ever having to deal with a situation like that can make it hard for others to understand.

I have had guns pointed at me. I have had people jump me from behind. Knowing there is someone there to cover your ass is a very strong bond. What most will see as an over reaction on Darryl's part I see as a normal partner reaction wheather it was right or wrong. Your situation was not a life or death one for either one of you but sometimes that instant reaction is hard to shut off. If anyone on this board ever did a ride along with an officer on a Friday night they may begin to understand what I am saying.

It is hard to understand the mindset of a cop when you have never been one. It is also hard to understand the mindset of a JW if you have never been one.

Having the watchtower representative on the speaker phone did not bring a whole lot of trust into the meeting from the beginning. If he was from their legal department then it can also be seen as legally unethical. Everyone was trying to protect their own view of what was right or wrong. It the place where it was held and the context of the meeting it is understandable for it to turn out the way it did.

Dave

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Danni, I have been reading this thread with much interest. Unfortunately, I missed the initial posts (too much work--too little time).

I want to thank you for putting yourself on the line like this. You found out about a problem that most of us cannot handle directly due to our status (or perhaps I should say non-status in the JW organization), and you took action.

Obviously, you struck some nerves with your questioning. Good! It's about time that the WTBTS learns that its actions (or non-actions) have consequences. It's especially good that they learn that these consequences could result in lower membership numbers. The more people learn about the workings of this organization, the less likely they will be to become entrapped.

Could I have done what you did? No, I don't think I could. Not only would the elders refuse to talk with me, but I'm sure I would be totally intimidated by the situation. What I CAN do is to inform those who are not yet involved so that they will be less likely to become enmeshed in this cult, and I can also make myself available to anyone beginning the "de-programming" process so that I can help them on their journey.

You stated: [quote}Teejay, I know I know I didn't accomplished what I set out to do, but maybe there was a child molester there in the crowd and he/she now knows they will not walk away so easy anymore from this kind of crime. Maybe the Elders will now tell the victims to go to the police just because they don't want other police officers visitng them. You can believe the next time it will be officers in their uniforms.[/quote]

In answer to this, I have to agree with those who have stated that the normal reaction for Elders and many JWs is to tighten ranks and praise Jehovah that they survived such persecution from an agent of Satan.

However, perhaps there might be several individuals who have either been sexually abused themselves or who know someone who has been abused. Perhaps they have been in turmoil over what has happened, but knew of nothing that they could do to rectify the situation. Perhaps these individuals might gain the courage to contact the authorities in an attempt to gain justice. I fervently hope so.

Every chip in the wall is important. You and Darryl took out some pretty big chips from the wall. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit