The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Joel,

I think you are an incredible person and I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. I think I understand what you are going through and why. If you have read any of my posts you will see that I am extremely open minded and try to look at issues from as many perspectives as possible. I would love for you to email me if you would like to discuss your thoughts and feelings further.

I do not want to see the theme of this particular thread diverted because there is a lot more to this whole story than most know or can be posted at this time. Once the legal threats of the watchtower are dealt with more can be revealed. The truth in this matter would make you sick. That is all I can say because the watchtower has put a legal strangle hold on this issue and no more information can be given to me or anyone else.

Please email me of you wish. Id love to talk to you about your feelings and concerns in regard to your situation.

Take care,

Dave

• TR
    TR

Joel,

I didn't mean to misquote you. I'm just saying these things happen. Shouldn't be hard to believe.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

"Friday"

Just shut up and sit down, you are making
    a clown out of yourself.

Since when did you start posting "fluff"?

• puppylove
    puppylove

Had to chime in here.

Danni: Thank you for your bravery. I now wish that I had called some elders on the carpet for their past behavior. I personally know 3 women (they are grown now - pre-teen at the time) in the same hall who were molested by the same person. Still an elder. I have done nothing about it. Reading your story gives me the incentive to stir up the pot for this elder.

I agree with Red Horse Women, every little chip counts. In this day of easy information access, the more we let others know of the damage done by this "religious" organization, the better. They may not fall in my lifetime, but the will fall.

BTW to Joel: Elders meetings and judicial meetings took place all the time during regular meetings in California. Some elders never sat in their seat the whole meeting.

BTW to (I can't remember): The language coming of some elder's mouths would make a sailor blush. My dad would come home so upset with other elders because of their bad language (including F*** in one heated meeting).

BTW to Yardif: As if she'll give you her address! Some stranger over the internet. You could be a stalker. Whatever.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Just to drop in my 2c's - which are probably not worth even 2c's anymore , I too have seen many cases of elder's meetings during meetings, or before/after. I don't know why they do that, other than maybe because they don;t want to take even more time from their JW busy filled lives - so since they're already dressed up and at the KH they schedule the meeting.

I have also been exposed to and seen the very dark side of many elders. I'm not saying all, or even most, but there have been plenty. Elder's that beat their children. Elder's that hit their wives. Elders that verbally abuse 'weak' ones in the hall. Public humiliation, marking and shunning. I've seen ALL that. I've seen the terrible power struggles that invade elder bodies ALL the time, elder's trying for months to oust other elders that oppose their policies. It's all a politic struggle. Just like every other human organization on this planet!

• teejay
    teejay

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Not only have I been present at a kingdom hall when a Judicial Committee was going on DURING a meeting, with yelling going on that everyone could hear---I was IN a couple of meetings just like that!!! I did half the yelling and the elders did the other half.

Then we went out into the parking lot and yelled some more!!!

Then we all got into a car and yelled some more, because we were too loud for the parking lot, and plus were bothering the neighbors.

Then we went to a restaurant and yelled some more and got thrown out. then we alla gave up and went home. (separately)

You better believe it happens. This ain't NOTHIN' compared to things that happen.

Ho hum, another day at the KH...

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• Will Power
    Will Power

So what the heck happened here in the end?
    The last was, that this thread was locked and everything had to be dropped.
    What Happened?

• TR
    TR

Could it be true that teejay is just trying to stir up more shit?

TR-UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• teejay
    teejay

So what the heck happened here in the end?
    The last was, that this thread was locked and everything had to be dropped.
    What Happened?

First of all, as you can see by being able to post to it, this thread is not and never was locked.

As to what happened, some feel to think that the matter has not reached its conclusion. However, in a carefully worded response to me in another thread, AlanF said

At this point I would have to say that the whole thing was a hoax, start to finish. A damned clever hoax! The trouble with this kind of clever hoax is that they sound so believable, given our collective experience with and as JWs.
    Soon after, seven006 said
    As it looks now this whole thing was a big scam perpetrated by Kylishhlee. I do not know who Kylishhlee is but as it looks now he/she is several people on this board.
    In other words, whether you call the incident that was related at the outset of this thread a hoax or a scam, here at JW.com Danni seems to be for certain one of the very few verifiable cases of a true-to-life troll.

Source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20584&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit