The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

cat1759, getingout, seven006, and Redhorsewoman --- You all have your feet on the ground. Right on.

I'm afraid that detective, et, al., are imbued with the same spirit of wishful thinging that most of the boomers have subscribed to during most of their lives. They seem to think that just because "they want to" is sufficent to change any policy or people to their way of thinking. They want omlets, but they don't want to break any eggs.

The Organization is simply ignoring their desires and demands and continuing with business as usual. That will continue until they get it through their heads that force is the only thing that the Society respects.

What they are trying to do can be illustrated this way: You come home and find that a rapist has forced his way into the house and is raping your daughter. They want us to tell the rapist, "I find your conduct very unsettling! You go to your room right now for a time out!" How far do you think they'd get? (And this is no more an exaggeration of their policy than there own depiction of bullets flying and drive-by shootings of Kingdom Halls.)

As I said before, the only thing the Society respects is force. Loose cannons can be very beneficial in circumstances like this, so Danni needn't be insulted by such a moniker. Plus, it appears that the elders themselves were far more out of control than Danni and her partner.

Danni --- If I was in your place, I'd push it. Publicize the name of the city and answer that veiled threat from the legal department. Their prime purpose is to intimidate you into shutting up and saying nothing more about it. Should you need any expert witnesses on their policies and treatment of their parishioners, say so. I know them extremely well. After all, I've been in and around them now for over 60 years.

Fairly soon I'm going to post a partial record of the skeletons in this congregation's background. You should find it interesting reading.

Tom Howell
    Alias: LoneWolf

• Danni
    Danni

RedhorseWoman In answer to this, I have to agree with those who have stated that the normal reaction for Elders and many JWs is to tighten ranks and praise Jehovah that they survived such persecution from an agent of Satan.

Yes one of them did threaten us with his God. To be honest he kind of spooked me. LOL.......
    Darryl , got right up and asked if he was hearing voices. He asked him that not to be smart but , because usually when someone (especially a religious person) says they hear voices the voices are telling them to kill. I guess that's how some of them view outsiders.

• getingout
    getingout

Danni said: Darryl , got right up and asked if he was hearing voices. He asked him that not to be smart but , because usually when someone (especially a religious person) says they hear voices the voices are telling them to kill.

So Darryl was thinking about getting the hell out too huh? LMAO.
    I feel you Darryl.LOL

LoneWolf Said: What they are trying to do can be illustrated this way: You come home and find that a rapist has forced his way into the house and is raping your daughter. They want us to tell the rapist, "I find your conduct very unsettling! You go to your room right now for a time out!" How far do you think they'd get? (And this is no more an exaggeration of their policy than there own depiction of bullets flying and drive-by shootings of Kingdom Halls.)

LOL No doubt, No doubt .

• Danni
    Danni

getingout you are not by chance OUTLAWS brother are you LOL..

<Shaking my head at you> LOL

• Eric
    Eric

In all this internecine hand-holding someone should really speak about the mind of the pedophile.

A pedophile has a very limited chance to realize his or her fantasy of sexual contact with a child.

The normal avenues of sexual fulfillment, marriage, dating, picking up sluts and boning the bosses wife, none of these satisfy the pedophile. He is attracted to little kids.

And so he schemes. He plans out a way that he can come into contact with children. It is no good to try it as a school-teacher anymore, that was busted a long time ago, and the first whistle is your last. Catholic priest used to be a good one (if you like boys) but the spotlight is on there now. The pedophile might try to become a lifeguard, so as to be in charge of children already half-naked. (I have personally suspected such a pedophile, gathered evidence, had him arrested and charged.)

Still the pedophile will scheme. He is planning a way to come into contact with your child. The current system of "Two witnesses, else no crime" is nirvana for these types. What kid-diddler would not like these rules?

Anyone who thinks that the rate of pedophilia within JW ranks is 'normal' or 'within accepted normal rates' ought to say that out loud, and then think again.

Eric

• Danni
    Danni

Eric you sound more like an FBI profiler. that information is noted.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Danni,

I haven't commented on this thread yet but I wanted to tell you that I really appreciate what you and your partner did. I also appreciate what others did to help you prepare for this meeting. You have a dangerous, stressful and sometimes thankless job. It definitely doesn't pay enough if you ask me. It doesn't feel natural for me to give props to a cop because 99% of the interaction I have with them has been an unpleasant experience. (Usually getting a traffic fine for something I consider petty.) I do know that without the police force intimidating people they could not be as effective. I'm sure that is part of the training you recieve. I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of it but I think that I would understand the motives and accept it anyway.

I do not believe that you've endangered your career but I could be wrong. I know that when you walked into that Kingdom hall, you spoke for many of us here. You asked the things we would love to ask but can't. Some of can't do that for fear of losing our families and some of us can't because they wouldn't take the time to meet with us or take us seriously. I really did take someone in your position to get under their skin. I sitting here wishing you lived in the same town that I do. :)

If it doesn't work out with the JW boyfriend let me know. I'll bet we could set you up with an Ex JW. :) You are a hero to us. Tell Darryll we love him.

I doubt that if you believed the meeting would turn out that way, you would have gone through with it, at least the same way. I'll bet you feel kinda frustrated with the fact that you really can't use logic and reason with those people. Most of the Elders that you spoke with probably didn't know of any specific wrongdoing but we don't know that. At some point more information may come out that will prove this meeting did in fact go well. And keep in mind that it sometimes takes only one case to change an entire policy for a religion. For example, the Catholic church has just changed their rules because of a current civil lawsuit. They are now told to report any allegations of illegal activity, including child molestors, to the police. After all these yrs that's all it took.

All I can add is: Thank you Thank you Thank you.

TimB

• larc
    larc

Danni,

I also want to thank you for your fine work. I think you did the best you could under the circumstances. I also, think it was good that you did your homework by coming here first for input. I think you have a fuller realization now of what some people told you to anticipate.

To the doubters,

I did not perceive Danni's first post as a fabrication when I first read it, nor did I, once I went back and reread it. Her descriptions of her first impressions entering the Hall and the microphone voice dialogue seemed very realistic to me.

Some of you doubt that elders would explode the way they did. I don't doubt that at all. First of all, Danni and her partner stripped the of elders of their status and power in short order. This is very unsettling. Next, they threw arguements at them that they could not handle. Just remember folks, behind the sweet smile and smugness is person who will react with rage when their facade is punctured. I have seen that happen on this discussion board. Remember, behind that veneer of elder niceness is a real hatred for the rest of the world, Satan's world, as they call it.

Now, for those of you who want to go out with a bang, why don't you take the basic approach that Danni used, make your own adjustments/improvements as you see fit, and go visit your elders. I have been out for 30+ years and have little to loose, but I doubt that the elders where I live would give me an audience, since no Witnesses in my locale know me. I may call a local Kingdom Hall and see what I can find out.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

I thought it was very revealing that, unless I overlooked it, not ONE single soul had anything to say in response to Joel's comment a ways back -- not even our great storyteller Danni. Perhaps nobody understood the point Joel was really getting at. Personally, I think what Joel had to say lays this farce wide open for all to see. Here's what he said:

Danni Says:
    This is where I will cut out other things being said, between them because it almost led to fights. There was a lot of yelling. Infact so much yelling and insults going back and fourth, someone knocked on the door of the office and asked us to keep it down because the children was listening. The whole congregations was listening.

Joelbear says:

Yeah, I believe this. A meeting with 3 elders and a speaker phone going on during a Congregation meeting with yelling and insults. Happened all the time at my hall.

Joel

What suckers you who have swallowed all this are.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• larc
    larc

Friday,

You hurt my feelings. You know how sensitive I am. I did address that subject in my post, but I guess you didn't read it, sniff, sniff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit