Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly Mrs J. I hear much dirtier mouths from my JW family!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL get over yourself Bane.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think I really called it, didn't I?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane you asked a question that should be obvious to you. You asked why someone who is avoiding the elders yet does not want to be a witness doesn't just da. As an active JW, you should have known the ramifications such action could have on her relationships with family/friends still in.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Damn, you called it Mrs J.

Damn your good!

Damn Bane!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've already tired to explain that to Bane but for some reason he thinks that she has to explain to him why and my point is she doesn't. Her reasons are personal and it may well have to do with not wanting to be shunned by family and losing those family relationships. But like I said before she is not beholden to have to explain herself to anyone, especially not to a newbie who is an admitted active jw with a superiority complex. I don't think she's that crazy.

• pirata
    pirata

BANE,

Answers to your questions :

Since some of you are staying secretly, I.E. not letting your family know how you feel, do they know that you go to sites like this? Or perhaps other former witness sites?

The Watchtower, August 1st, 2001 Issue, Page 14, Paragraph 8:

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.”

Statements such as in the article above motivate me to keep my thoughts and discussions with non-witensses to myself. "Independent thinking" would raise a big red flag and any little things I let slip out result in a silence and big-eyed stares. For now I just wander around with the other sheep and "baaa!" in unison.

And do any of you believe that the bible is still God´s word?

There are a few Christians on ths board, and quite a few atheists. I am still exploring. After years doing and thinking what I was told to, it takes a while to sort out thoughts, feelings, facts, and issues in order to draw conclusions. Reading the Bible without trying to prove a pre-conceived theology has been a real eye-opener for me, both in terms of Religion and the Bible itself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Agreed 100% Mrs J. If he was really that curious as to something personal he could have pm'd her.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

EX JW.

Bane ......... nevermind.

2 easy

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

born in left 2 years ago never to return.... inactive JW - Active human being!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit