Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I'm an Anglo-Catholic Christian who spent some time with the JWs but left the cult voluntarily. Who wants to carry the ex-JW label for the rest of your life.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Born in, never baptised. Left in my early 20's. Last attended a memorial in 1989. I only stepped foot in halls for funnerals.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Tuesday

I'm xjw, not disfellowshipped or disassociated, faded over last 2 decades & never to return. I hope.

My parents keep at me to go back but I have never given in.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Shouldn´t it be called FormerWitness.net or something more fitting?

Sounds like a question for the owner of the board.

Are jws allowed to have message boards Bane?

• StAnn
    StAnn

BANE, I'm interested in the answer you will receive. The "story" I heard was that it started out as a group for JDubs but, once they got together and compared notes, that was the end of that.

Is that the actual story? Lady Lee? Blondie?

StAnn

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

I am sure this has come up before but if most members here are DFd, or inactive then why call this site Jehovah´s witness.net? It implies that all are active witnesses here. Shouldn´t it be called FormerWitness.net or something more fitting?

This board actually started as a true Jehovas-Witness site (!)
    But when people come together and things beeing discussed with open minds... the board turn into what it is today.

Amazing. if you asked me...

• Opus92
    Opus92

This board actually started as a true Jehovas-Witness site (!)
    But when people come together and things beeing discussed with open minds... the board turn into what it is today.

No wonder the Witnesses keep such a tight rein on their members, if this web site is the end result of open, honest thought and critiques!

• noni1974
    noni1974

Born in was an active JW for 23 years. Disassociated myself 12 years ago. Never truly believed. I was forced into it by my family and guilt.

Bane this board started as a JW board. It really morphed into an ex jw board where all are welcome very soon after it opened 10 years ago.You are welcome here.

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

Did this forum really start for active JW? I did wonder about it as it is just call jehovahs witness dot net.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Baptised December 1974. Ceased field service activities November 1988. Gradually stopped all other activities (I just didn't realise how big an influence the WT article "Are you affected by gradualism?" or some such nonsense, had an impact on me) to the point where I formally disassociated in the early '90s (the actual date is still a matter of interest and inquiry by me to the local congo.

Secondly I consider myself an ex-jw, but firstly, and more importantly, I would like to be considered by the jws to be a vile, hostile, mega apostate. Such a thought brings me great satisfaction.

Cheeses. One life. Live it. And may the jws drown in their own scum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit