Regarding MAD APOSTATE

by silentlambs 104 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Simon.

I am sorry for this turn of events. I don't know MadA as well as I know some of the other posters here. I can also say that in the matter of Nute, he went waay overboard, his incisive points notwithstanding. He said some things that should never have been said. I offer no apology for him.

Here, I feel he forced your hand and left you NO choice.

It's sad. The board needs it's share of raving, foaming-at-the mouth intellects and I began to look forward to his comments. Didn't agree with everything he said, mind you, and sometimes it was all too clear how he came by the name "Mad", but he also very often made very good points, points not thought of, let alone mentioned, by the mainstream. I have to respect that in a mad apostate.

I hope y'all work it out.

peace,
    tj

We should be eternally vigilant against attempts to check the expression of opinions that we loathe. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

A sure sign of paranoia is when a poster starts attacking Simons cred. or speaking about dark apostate conspiracies. The only thing i see are dozens of good folk attacking the evils of the tower in whatever way they can or feel inclined to. Some join together in common purpose, like those interested in blood and baby issues, others get together to discuss the new found joys of religious freedom and others use this place as a pub or coffee lounge. Some of them like me, some of them can't stand the sight of me, others can take me either way, big deal.

There is a continuing issue of 'bad behaviour' here and I wouldn't be in Simons shoes for quids. The man's a marvel.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Thanks Simon for taking action in behalf of the "survivors" they deserve our respect, compassion, honor, and appreciation. It reminds me of one time when I was in grade school I saw a smaller child being picked on by two larger children. At the time I did nothing and felt so bad about it I decided I would never allow that to happen again. You learn from the mistakes you make and then do better. No one should be allowed to bully someone weak on the playground of this forum and we just stand back and watch. I hope this board will learn from this situation and never allow bullies like MA to hurt those who are trying to stand up for children.

It is true we should allow freedom to give much latitude when we express ourselves, yet freedom always has limits. When we use that freedom to hurt innocent people then we have to be stopped by those who see the injustice freedom is being used for. MA misused his freedom he paid the price, I hope he learns from this, apologizes to nute and learns a lesson about picking on people smaller than him.
    If he chooses to remain a bully then he makes himself an enemy of all "survivors," his shenanigans will not be tolerated.

Waiting, I sent you a private response.

• Eric
    Eric

General Observation:

Mad Apostate (and his alter egos) always demanded that everyone direct their actions toward to total destruction of the JW organization. There was no quarter to be allowed. Mad Apostate demanded that Raymond Franz be shaken out of his torpor to reveal imagined hidden secrets.

Mad Apostates goals were entirely unrealistic.

Silent Lambs and Lee Elder are working hard on concrete issues that may in fact make life more livable for those caught in the WT web. I salute these efforts, and make my small attempts to help further them.

Is there an Elite Clique at work here? I don't think so. There are definitely some people who display an elite level of research and analysis. There are some here who have an elite level of empathy and compassion. There are some whose actions and involvement in critical situations hint at the elite level of their common human decency.

I did not find Mad Apostates contributions to the board to be particularly useful but I would say I think it premature to delete him. He never did present a concise plan to achieve his goal. (875+posts not withstanding) He ought to have that chance.

Eric

• teejay
    teejay

Outlaw,

Don't take this the wrong way (I love girly girls), but you are my kind of man.

In certain circles, saying "I'm sorry" ESPECIALLY TO A... A... WOMAN... is not a very manly thing to do. Apologizing to my cantankerous friend waiting was risky (not really)... and waaay cool.

peace,
    tj

• waiting
    waiting

o poo.

tomorrow y'all be tramplin' me for yet another blunder I'll make...for sure! But I'm blushin' tonite.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Ohhhhh, the irony.......

If we have an issue with Bill, instead of shredding the victim/survivor's account - why not take it to Bill through e-mail?

Hello SilentLambs

LB stated that he was a friend of Nute - who was the mother/victim in this account. He said that Nute did not know that her account would be on any forum - let alone this forum. Is this true? -waiting

Waiting, I sent you a private response. - SilentLambs
    The irony is that I didn't follow my own advice.....duh. And thank you, Bill, for responding to my question, and not bringing the irony to my attention. I appreciate both very much.

waiting

• teejay
    teejay

how ironic...

• waiting
    waiting

I am kidding.......shut up, teejay!

At least I admit my ironic ignorance....sometimes.

Btw, my over use of the word "ironic" has come into being because another poster thought quite a few of my postings were "ironic"...and brought it to my attention with seeming relentlessness.

Just trying to hedge my bets and cover my ass!

waiting

• Masterji
    Masterji

Simon!
    Keep the "brown shirt" on!
    We will add another 'S' that is all.
    SSS!!! Stifle, Stymie, Squelch.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit