NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

I am still in the process of writing up my letter to the society (9 pages so far- will be an anonymous email with part of my name and an old address from when I was a child to ensure they read it. Of course with an explanation at the end as to explain the reason why I need to remain anonymous) and will be including this laughable teaching that seems to change like the weather. I will have to wait till I receive the WT first though, and just need to be patient.

By the way, I asked the missus when the April WT was coming out. She was asking why I wanted to know this as she knows I look up forums on the net (something she would never do -not to my knowledge anyway) I just said er I think there will be new light on the generation change again!! She just looked at me with her semi disaproval stare as usual. But, she will soon be reading this nonsense for herself .

TE

• moshe
    moshe

Thankfully, JWs will have enough time to think about this before the real study. The despicable ones are the elders in the KH- they have no Cajones and won't stand up to this crap from the GB. They could stop this mess, but no, the enable the GB to continue mistreating the sheep.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Egads.....The Reasoning Book!

We are using it exclusively this year in TMS!

Wow think of all that has happened since it was released in 1989!!!!!!

At least I know why they haven't released an updated Reasoning Book. They haven't finished updating the beliefs yet and don't want another "old" light recruiting tool.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I mean, doesn't the first century example mean absolutely anything? The "generation" back then must have ended in 70 AD when the Romans sacked Jerusalem so it can't possibly be any longer than 70 years tops (if you count from Jesus' birth). Oh sorry, that wouldn't fit in with 1914

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

LennyinBluemont said:

What a rush it must be for the arrogant bastards on the GB to realize they can explain ANYTHING in ANY WAY, print it with their imprimatur, and millions of human beings will ingest it, lick their chops and say, "Thank you!" What a banquet they're dishing out. But all processed food. Very processed.

Not only do the R & F "ingest it, lick their chops and say thank you" - they shell out their hard earned dollars for the privilege of doing so. Millions of dollars.

The average printing quantity for the 'public version' of the WT is 37,000,000. They don't state what the average printing of the 'members only' version is but just say it's around 10,000,000. The last time we officially sold them at the doors we asked 40c each.

So 10,000,000 x 40c 'donation' = $4,000,000 for this issue of the WT. (It may very well be that they print 15,000,000 in which case $6,000,000).

Makes me fume.

Hopscotch

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I grow weary of your bullshit, Governing Body. Do you not grow weary of yourselves?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I began to type a rant about this whole article yesterday (still unfinished), but it's too long and off at a tangent to post in this thread. To be shorter and sweeter instead:

Firstly, any thinking Christian would (should?) be offended by by the article's underlying theme and message, namely that the holy spirit is responsible for leading 'God's organization' into erroneous teaching on countless occasions, that it/he has directed the organization forward, backward and round in circles in matters of doctrine. If that really is the case, the holy spirit and the Almighty either haven't a clue or are playing about, and obviously this isn't in line with the Bible's portrayal of how the holy spirit works.

Secondly, I don't see any significant change in the 'generation' teaching here. I do see a 'clarification' (*cough*) or 'expansion' on what was written in 2008. The concept was already elastic and indefinite when they said:

"As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day 'generation' of contemporaries that will not pass away 'until all these things occur.'This suggests that some who are Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." w.08, 2/15, p.24.

They've just spelled it out more by, as others have noted, nonsensically making 'generation' even more elastic in scope, rendering it essentially meaningless! LOL!

And the other crazy thing is, haven't the anointed as a class existed since 33 CE? And haven't they overlapped with the lives of other anointed ones through the centuries, through 1914 and through to the 21st century??? Why not go the whole hog and say the 'generation that will not pass away until all these things occur' is the generation of the anointed as a class from the 1st century onward until the end? After all, a couple of paragraphs earlier in the same 2008 article they said:

"Jesus said that it was his disciples, soon to be anointed with holy spirit, who should be able to draw certain conclusions when they saw 'all these things' occur. So Jesus must have been referring to his disciples when he made the statement: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.'"

Thirdly, I find it interesting that the contrast between 'new light' and 'old light' on this 'generation' issue is limited to the 2008 and 1995 understandings. It's like the 45+ year long teaching about the 'generation that saw the sign in 1914' that wouldn't pass away (which according to the article must have been another of the holy spirit's misdirections) is only a distant memory, almost as if it never happened!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Further to Ann's comment, what I see here is an attempt to reimpose a time frame to create some desperately needed urgency amongst the rank & file. The last change was too open ended, and whilst end times prophecies can bit you in the backside if they are too specific (a la 1975), there needs to be something that people can pin their hopes on within their own lifetime.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wonder how they will explain the new light 60 odd years from now? probably will have about 20,000 partakers by then

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Jookbeard:

"During the latter part of the 20th century, a great apostasy set in which led to a sifting work. In the following years, many former brothers and sisters left behind the pattern of healthful words and became opposers of true worship. Evidently, many of those partaking of the emblems during this time were not genuine annointed." WT Jan 15 2070.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit