NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Thunderinus
    Thunderinus

All this is manipulation to keep the sense of urgency alive because that is what keeps the WTS going, once the members begin to feel there is no longer anything that will happen within their lifetime they will lose all motive to work for their masters (as well as all fear of an imminent end that so greatly helps to keep them in line) and perhaps leave.

That's why they keep coming up with these strange sophistries, it's a policy they applied from their very beginning in 1878 until now. The end is always "coming any time soon" so keep serving and obeying jehovah (ie the watchtower society which pretends to serve the interests of God but in fact serves the interests of men) in case the soon to be end finds you on the wrong side.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

If people stay in the WT now, they are god damn idiots. There is a limit to how much stupidity people should be allowed to display. What's to stop them from doing a second "overlap" when it's 2060 or so?

The Awake or WT mag will have a picture of Franz posing with a baby born in 1990. Then Franz dies and the baby becomes 80 years old. Then that baby poses with a newborn in 2070 and then dies. This pattern can be used for 5,000 years. And although we won't be here to see it, I bet the yet unborn GB will consider it carefully.

If you WT lurkers remain in this baby-raping cult, you will burn for it. You already will die for the child abuse. Now you can die for being "liars" which Revelation clearly states will die during God's judgment.

• moshe
    moshe

mcsemike, good point, but for Christians who have been waiting almost 2000 years for Jesus to return, another generation or two or three for JW's, is nothing. Nobody wories about Christians as a whole being duped by the unknown gospel writers from the 1st century.

I just wish the GB geezers have the end of the no-blood transfusions doctrine WT article being proof read right now for the June 1st WT, and the end of shunning comes out at this summer's conventions. JW's can fiddle this 1914 generation a dozen different ways and it is nothing compared to the blood and shunning doctrines. Well, I can hope.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The blood and shunning doctrines are indeed the most heinous, but would fixing those make the JWs into truly The Truth?

No.

Therefore, it seems better for the greater good that the GB and their borg get more and more loony to the point that nobody anywhere is willing to join than it would be for them to straighten out their house in a futile attempt to whitewash their graves.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another helpful chart that someone from Beliefnet linked to - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2930/generationjw.jpg

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I don't think this issue would have stumbled me. I was always so focused on trying to overcome my own shortcomings that these vague doctrinal changes would have gone right over my head (without someone to point them out). Fear and guilt mades it difficult to be objective.

Plus, for me it comes down to motivations. If I trust the govening body, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You make a good point, Paul. The fear and guilt is a powerful control tool. And they've had numerous "trust us" articles from the GB in recent years, too.

They don't want people to think. They don't want people to analyze. They want yes-men who are totally confident that everything the GB tells them to think is The Truth.

It's sad.

I'm still trying to get my head around the apparent fact that these guys who aren't particularly bright can be so incredibly brilliant at manipulation. Maybe it just comes naturally to them. I know I couldn't pull it off.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Wow. Just wow. They've done it. They finally figured out how to extend the "last days" untill the ass-end of time. I'm so sad for my family, because rather than reacting as a rational person should and getting the hell OUT of that cult, I know they're going to gulp this steaming pile of sh!t down like it was Jello.

Props to dozy for originally posting this (I apologize, I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread), but I felt it was worth a re-post because it perfectly encapsulates the WTs knack for 1984-esque doublespeak, in that they use the SAME scripture to support two contradictory definitions of 'generation'. Here it is:

it-1p.917 Generation

A generation commonly refers to all persons who were born about the same time. (Ex 1:6)

WT Apr 15 2010 Generation

It usually refers to people of varyingages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long;
    and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6)

The capacity of the WTBTS to give definitive applications of scriptures and then change them again a few years later continues to astonish me.

• cofty
    cofty
    I ask again, are you a crofter?
    LOL.
    Sylvia

Haha no they are a dying breed, maybe Besty knew a few in his youth in the Highlands?

Sorry for the delay in replying Sylvia but I had to wait I'm on 10 a day newby probation aaaargh! Anybody know how long it lasts? Bye bye for another 15 minutes

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Paul: "If I trust the govening body, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt."

That's exactly what they're counting on. "Well, they're the GB, they must know what they're talking about."

The fact that I knew most of those guys before they were GB causes me to doubt their collective ability to run a large religious corporation. Contradicting their previous teachings will make it challenging to hold people's trust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit