NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

100% Fraud!! We all know very well the wt conductor is going to spend only a minute or two on this point, then quietly move on.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The sad thing is that this topic has spawned numerous threads with this thread now at 14 pages by those who don't believe anything the WTS has to say yet those in the hall that do believe will hardly notice. There certainly won't be much discussion except to say that "the end is near"

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

So when will this article be studied? If its in the April edition, then it probably may not be considered until June or so, when everyone is either attending sleeping at conventions or taking vacation. Great way to slip this in under the radar.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

"The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near."

And there's your "bear" right there! The fact is that there has been no fulfillment of the sign that Jesus gave to his disciples, as described by him in Mathew 24:7. The Watchtower Society (WTS) has long believed (and at one time also had me believing) that the first world war fulfilled Jesus' words with reference to "nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom". World War I certainly was NOT what Jesus had in mind. How do I know that?

To begin with, LIKE the WTS I am convinced that the war that will fulfill Jesus' prophecy is a war that will cause the "death-stroke" which Revelation 13 speaks about. I'm also convinced that it is the 7th head of the beast that is to be smitten with the death-stroke, just LIKE the WTS has concluded. But quite UNLIKE the WTS, I'm convinced that each and every one of the 10 horns are placed upon the beast's 7th head. Of course the WTS believes that the 10 horns are DISTRIBUTED amongst all of the 7 heads, rather than them being in a CLUSTER upon the 7th head. Yes, anyone familiar with what the WTS teaches knows that it is taught that the 7th head possesses 2 of the 10 horns, and that the WTS interprets them as being the United States and Great Britain. The WTS believes that World War I proved to be the "sword" that gave the 7th head its "death-stroke". And so the WTS says that the United States and Great Britain suffered that "death-stroke" as a result of World War I. However, that simply can NOT be true because those 2 nations came out on the winning side!

So it's back to the drawing board for the WTS. But how do I know that World War I was not what Jesus had in mind? It's because that war simply didn't produce the right results. World War I did NOT cause a "death-stroke"! No matter how a person might interpret the 7th head--whether it has 2 horns or all 10 of them--it simply didn't die as a result of World War I.

But as I mentioned previously, I'm sure that it's the 7th head that sports all 10 horns and it is this head that will be dealt a death-stroke. But where I differ with most is that I believe that the number 10 is not literally ten. I believe that the 10 horns represent the aggregate sum of all existing governments. That being the case, then a death-stroke upon the 7th head would mean that governments the world over will be brought to their knees as the result of the war that Jesus foretold. Yes, all the world's governments will collapse during that time. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet. And THAT is how I know that World War I was not what Jesus had in mind. And that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I shared these thoughts of mine with the Watchtower's Writing Department, quite a number of years ago as a matter of fact, but to no avail. Who knows, they might wake up yet one of these days.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I just read the article in its entirety...OM-friggin-G!!! They really do attempt to just slip it in. The question for the paragraph doesn't even address the overlapping generation idea

• snowbird
    snowbird

Pallbearer, that is an interesting take on things.

Thanks.

Sylvia

PS: I have long thought that the United States of America is Babylon the Great!

Just my thoughts, of course.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Is this real? Is this a real excerpt from the Watchtower magazine?

Here are the definitions of the word generation from an online dictionary, none of them give the sense of a group of people overlapping the lives of another group of people. The Governing Body are on crack.

1.the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time:the postwar generation.
    2.the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.
    3.a group of individuals, most of whom are the same approximate age, having similar ideas, problems, attitudes, etc. Compare Beat Generation, Lost Generation.

a group of individuals belonging to a specific category at the same time: Chaplin belonged to the generation of silent-screen stars.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
  • cofty
    cofty

By the poster known as Rat on JWS - with his consent

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cofty, brilliant!

I ask again, are you a crofter?

LOL.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+