NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

I agree. The stupidity is nothing short of breathtaking in its scope and brazenness.

"How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation."

Evidently?

Doesn't the use of the word "evidently" usually imply, er, evidence?

• agonus
    agonus

This is it, folks. The "Battlefield Earth" of New Light.

The WT has officially crossed the rubicon with this one. There's no turning back now.

• agonus
    agonus

I mean, think about it, folks.

Can you possibly imagine the prospect of poor Joe Dub attempting to defend this in field service? When the WT doesn't even give any rationale for it?

I believe this will be the tipping point for many who have doubts. I'm sure many will read this insult and think, "OK. It's officially time to move on."

With this one piece of New Light and utter lack of attempt to reasonably defend it, the WT, IMHO, has officially confirmed: 1) We're out of ideas, 2) We don't care anymore, and 3) We're not even going to try.

It's like the ultimate "Fuck You" to Jehovah, Jesus, and all the decent JWs out there.

Brace for impact.

T-minus 10...9...8..7...

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower is really stretching the definition of the word "Generation."

• flipper
    flipper

One good thing about this is considering there have been now over 7,500 views and hits on this thread- we all know that some lurking JW's are reading this as well . So ULTIMATE REALITY- pat yourself on the back bro - you did a great thing starting this thread .

VM 44 - To add to your comment " The Watchtower is really stretching the definition of the word " Generation ".

I'll add an addendum to your comment , " The Watchtower is really RAPING the definition of the word " Generation ". They are totally abusing the word. The WT society has done this for years - create NEW MEANINGS to words in the English language to suit their purposes

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

"How, then, are we to understand Jesus' words about "this generation"? He EVIDENTLY meant bla bla bla bla bla blala bla bla bla bla...

What a load of bovine excrement!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Agonus, I have to agree with you there that I just can't imagine them trying to explain that to a "study" or a "newly interested one". You know ones getting the "insiders only" edition of the Watchtower would have to be too embarrassed to show anybody on the outside.

BTW, I have laughed so much today thinking about this "new light", LOL

LRG

• flipper
    flipper

WANNABE- Maybe the kingdom already came and everybody missed it ! LOL! You know, kind of like an orgasm that is expected - but doesn't come ? Just can't get over the JW tendency to use illustrations ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Okay, I wasn't that high in the bOrg, but I was high enough to know many of the dudes that are responsible for creating and serving this crud they call "spiritual food". This stuff is totally embarassing! So, how long until this explanation needs to be replaced? Will they wait until the ink is dry before they realize the need for another change? Will they actually commit to changing the Reasoning book with this explanation? Or will they just leave it as is for the dubs to take "old light" to the doors?

• yknot
    yknot

Egads.....The Reasoning Book!

We are using it exclusively this year in TMS!

Wow think of all that has happened since it was released in 1989!!!!!!

Here is a freeby for the WTS lurker........take a note from WTS history and know when to BURY interpretations and after several decades than do a reversal in the QFR!.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit