NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The greatest trick the Governing Body has pulled off is getting you to think that questioning them is questioning Jehovah.

Look at that chart on how many times the term "generation" has changed and ask yourself, with all thats riding on it, can they be trusted? There is such a thing as incompetence. Some dictionaries define incompetence as "The Governing Body's attempt to define the word generation".]

Not just incompetent, but irresponsible. They did have another option, another opportunity.

They could have said "You know, by now it is clear, we got the whole damn thing wrong. 1914 was just a big coincidence where WWI started. Thats it. We don't know what a generation is as a religion, as illustrated by the fact we have changed it 4 times in 100 years. We also knows this means that Jesus didn't pick us, which is good, because we really aren't the true religion, a restoration of 1st century Christianity as we like to claim."

No. There is only one reason for them to invest in parsing words, to keep their authority and their flock. Too bad for the flock. Lets hope they notice.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

WOW.

This is BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

To say that I am ashamed of ever being a part of such a moronical group does not even come close to how completely embarassed I feel right now.

On the other side of the coin, I can't express how happy I am that the WT is reaching new heights of absurdity. Anyone worthy of designation as member of the human family who is currently part of the JW movement has GOT TO REALIZE THAT THIS SO CALLED RELIGION IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE!

DING DING DING....it's time to wake up and get the hell out while you can hang on to some sort of self respect.

Cheers,

The Oracle

PS: on a personal note... life on the other side is so completely wonderful compared to being trapped inside I am literally almost bursting with joy!

I tip my hate to everyone here on this site who has seen the light! What a glorious life we can now enjoy!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oracle, So many of them still have the "where else will we go" mentality. Would they be satisfied in just a mainstream religion after condemning those "Babylonish churches" for so many years?

WatchTitanic struck the iceberg long ago, but the sheeples are afraid to leave the sinking boat. "The water is freezing." "We'll drown!" Ironically, the water is about 80F and there is a dock on the other side of the boat.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

and the dock leads to an island flowing with milk and honey... for real!

A plea to anyone stuck on the Titanic....DON'T STAY ON BOARD....please don't think there is nowhere else to go.... the truth is - there is EVERYWHERE TO GO!

You CAN DO IT!

The Oracle

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

paul from cleveland is right.

It will go over their heads in a nano-second.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

sadly...you are probably right... at least 90% of them will not even flinch.

But thank goodness for the 10%.... let's hope that number will edge upwards a bit more.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

I agree that it will pass over many witnesses heads as they are zombies who sit through meetings having had a lobotomy performed on them by the WT society which has removed the " critical thinking ability " part of their brain. But my friends - that is where WE come in ! If each of us takes the opportunity to carefully ask our JW relatives to explain this to us AFTER they've studied it at the WT study- then we will be able to tell if ANY of the information sunk into friends or relatives brains.

I plan on asking a few of my JW relatives to explain it to me - then I'll whip out the Webster's dictionary version of " generation " to clarify things once I see what their intial responses are. Play it by ear - but try to reach them. Just my 2 cents

• agonus
    agonus

Where else will you go?

JESUS! GO TO JESUS! READ YOUR GODDAM BIBLE! IT'S WHO, NOT WHERE! DON'T END UP A CYNICAL FUCK LIKE ME! DO YOU HEAR ME? ACCEPT HIM AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

OK, I have to calm down. I sound like one of the GB.

This "Generation" horseshit may just be a blessing in disguise. Can you possibly imagine tired lifers and cynical kids putting up with their BS for another...

60! FUCKING! YEARS?!

• agonus
    agonus

I remember a good friend of mine who said that at a recent convention, they said, "Brace yourselves, brothers. It could be another 30 years."

That was a decade ago.

FUCKING.

YEARS.

Let it sink in.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

or...

you could just leave.

May I ask, would anyone in a burning house hesitate leaving because they weren't sure where they would end up?

I believe the critical point is.... get out. Where you are going to doesn't really matter.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit