NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

This pronouncement by the Watchtower Overlords is not about understanding what Jesus' words mean.

It isn't about proper interpretation.

It is about cleaning a "spot" off a nice white carpet.

The spot won't go away!

You can't cut the spot out; you ruin the carpet.

You can't cover it with furniture; it is in the middle of the damned living room!

What do you do? It is as embarassing as hell.

You keep scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing.....

That's all they CAN do.

Watchtower doctrine was, has been and always will be about END TIMES PREDICTIONS GONE AWRY.

Had nothing definite ever been said in the first place there would not be the need to amend, annotate, construe, quibble, pontificate or reinterpret.

The Watchtower minions of malfeasance believed their own nonsense, however, and over-stepped.

Freddy Franz and the writing committee made too many specific attempts to bring fantasy into the realm of reality. They fell into the trap that

"Figures don't lie, but, liars figure." They figured and they lied. The spot on the carpet is like when your cat takes a dump. The smell won't go away and all the carpet cleaners can do is sweeten the smell of catshit!

Every once and awhile they will sweeten the previous stench and scrub away a little harder. But, the stench will remain!!

• boyzone
    boyzone

LOL! "spot" on as usual Terry.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

What a joke.

• yknot
    yknot

....Actually this is all similar to Rutherford trying his damnedest to continue relevency/validity of Russell's interpretations .....

Of course we all know after 1926 he started to realize that you only get so far beating a dead horse while riding another's coattails.

So out with the old and in with the new......(Never could of had an 'Knorr' without a 'Rutherford' fist..)

Will the WTS limp it self out of existence or take bold moves to revert to 'purposeful Xian living' and try to save themselves by taking notes from the Mormons?

Back to the 'generation'......

so in theory an anointed person born Dec 31, 1914 dies on Dec 31 1934.....than that anointed person who is born Dec 31, 2034 lives for another 120 years and dies on Dec 31, 2154......and than the end will come some 240 years!..... yea that sure sounds IMMINENT!

If one of the 'friends' balk at the old age possibility tell about Arme Tsering........ she is the Tibetan woman who is 118 years young! (119 if she makes it to Mar 16th).....

• Lieu
    Lieu

That's what folks get for believing loons claiming an "invisible" Christ enthronement in in 18-something twice and then in 1914.

Ya'll do realize there was cocaine in coca cola back then and using heroine along a few poisonous substances for ailments was normal. They were HIGH!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Terry,

It's very nice to have you back. Thank you.

-LWT

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just don't think it's going to be a big deal to anyone inside the organization.

For the most part, Paul and jwfacts have this right- most people won't leave the organization over such a change. The big change was in 1995, jolting the members' consciences. However, some will note the "Here we go again" thoughts.

It is up to you to use this to jolt any loved ones who might listen to you and make a difference with such a nulite doctrine.

I plan to ask "So what is it that Jesus evidently meant by 'this generation' ?" I will make my mother state the ridiculous belief and I will use the exact term the WT mag uses: Jesus evidently meant. Making a JW state it will make them see how silly it is. It might not make them leave the organization, but it causes a problem in their mind. 1995's doctrinal change is what started my exit 11 years later.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You got it, OTWO. For most it won't be the last straw but for some it will be. For others it will be just another straw added to the pile on the camel's back, only to finally break years later. And for some, it might just be the first seed. Regardless, it's a step in the right direction for many.

• sir82
    sir82
    I plan to ask "So what is it that Jesus evidently meant by 'this generation' ?"

How about asking this:

"So, the old teaching was, 'the generation that saw the events of 1914 will not pass away.' And now the new teaching is, 'the generation that knew the generation that saw the events of 1914 will not pass away.' Do I have that right?"

• booby
    booby

sir82 - I believe reading all the thoughts on this thread that no one can decipher what the hell they are saying exactly and this surely includes they themselves. Just as they invent thier own bible so they invent thier own dictionary to perpetuate the bull. What they are saying makes absolutely no sense, but that is actually perfect because that way the followers can say its to deep for me to figure but they are the ones that are directed by god through holy spirit. Good enough for me, now on with my life of pretend so that I don't offend anyone by feeling a compulsion to discuss stuff that will or would just get me in trouble. The dictionary meaning of generation just does not allow for the bull they are saying.

Main Entry: gen·er·a·tion Pronunciation: \ ? je-n?- ' ra-sh?n\ Function: noun Date: 14th century

1 a: a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor b: a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously c: a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period d: a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type <first of the…new generation of powerful supersonic fighters — Kenneth Koyen>
    2 a: the action or process of producing offspring :procreationb: the process of coming or bringing into being <generation of income> c: origination by a generating process :production; especially: formation of a geometric figure by motion of another
    3: the average span of time between the birth of parents and that of their offspring

gen·er·a·tion·al \-shn?l, -sh?-n ? l\ adjective

gen·er·a·tion·al·ly \-shn?-le, sh?-n ? l-e\ adverb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit