FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT THE TRUTH?

by lgadsden 89 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I gasden, IF we had left the truth, then no it would not have been worth it. However, we have left 'the truth', which is the lie- an organization with a tainted history chock full of false prophecies. Is that worth leaving? I would say yes.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

those leaving the WTS dont all suddenly develop the morals of alley cats, some of the most un Christlike people I have ever met have been members of the WTS, you will find more upright , honest Christlike people here then in a life time as a JW. I seldom pray but if I do it is to JC and the Holy Ghost, I refuse to pray to the murderous , angry,evil God of the O/T Yahweh

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone is counting time...

Why aren't you knocking on doors instead of being on an apostate site?

Naughty, naughty *wags finger*

• minimus
    minimus

Gasden, you saw on my thread that everyone feels soooooo much better leaving "The Lie". We ARE happy not to be in bondage to the imaginary "Slave".

• Opus92
    Opus92

If I'm right and the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong, I've left a controlling, maniuplative sham of a religion. I no longer worship a god who is (at best) disinterested in me. I no longer close my eyes to perfectly logical information because it's not printed by the Watchtower. I don't alientate friends, family, and the rest of society by being willing to accept the benefits of their beliefs but unwilling to participate in the systems that provide said benefits.

If I'm wrong and the Jehovah's Witnesses are right, then I'll be dead. I had the chance at eternal life and threw it away. There's no hell, and I have no soul, so for all intensive purposes I'll be "sleeping" for the rest of eternity. I'd miss out on living in a paradise on Earth, free from sickness and death, filled with people who've never really liked me anyway. I'd have a pet lion, but I would not have all the people for whom I care and who care for me.

I am convinced that I win either way. If the best "doom" you can come up with is my inevitable death, then bring it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I Gasden, what is your purpose in flaming the board with your jw rhetoric? Do you honestly think anything you say will be taken seriously. Do you really think you're that sharp that you can tell us anything we don't know. Baby, we on this board know the Society better than you ever will. And what we know exposes the Society/WT/GB as a bunch of lying sacks of sh$t who have the audacity to try and usurp Christ and place themselves at the right hand of God with the false doctrine of the faithful and discreet slave.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

YOU ARE SAVING THEM FROM WHAT AND LEADING TO WHAT?.....Leading to the "KingdomHall For Chicken"..

EVERYTHING IVE HEARD SO FAR AS THE REASON FOR LEAVING IS TO DO WHAT THE WANT LIFESTYLE WISE. AM I WRONG?..

Duh.....Of course your wrong..People leave because the WBT$ are Liars..

JUST CURIOUS WHO DO YOU ALL PRAY TO NOW AND IN WHOSE NAME AND WHO ANSWERS ?

Why does everyone have to find something else to pray to?

Your thinking is extremely narrow..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

The question can not be answered because it is entirely hypothetical. For the scenario you describe to happen, god would have to favour a cult that has proved itself to a false prophet. When the prophecies has not been fufilled, deception is added, by re-writing history. The WTS is so scared at the truth being disseminated to its followers that it imposes severe sanctions on those who use their minds to research and question what is being taught.

The WTS will tell you god chose them in 1919 because of the things they were doing were pleasing to him. Check the history, see what they were actually teaching in 1919, see how many the teachings are the same today. You could argue that they trying to do the right things, but then so were many other religious groups, well intentioned but wrong.

So the reason no one has answered your question because you cant. It would be like asking "what will you do when the sun turns green" it aint gonna happen and therefore does not deserve an answer.

• steve2
    steve2

Igadsden, in answer to your question:

Yes, it would have been worth it. Freedom to choose without harassment is an important value in my life.

Now, Igadsden, would you answer my question:

IF JEHOVAHS DAY DOESN'T COME AT THIS MOMENT AND U REALIZE U WERE IN THE WRONG PLACE BUT BECAUSE OF STAYING YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR LIFE: WOULD EVERYTHING GAINED (temporary) ENJOYMENT HAVE BEEN WORTH IT?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

like most JW apologists IGasden is nowehre to be found.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit