FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT THE TRUTH?

by lgadsden 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

The OP ("LGADSDEN") is either (1) a JW child who is secretly using his parents' computer to surf apostate web sites, or (2) a classic example of what happens when the WT Society discourages education.

That being said, the answer to his question is yes, leaving the doomsday false prophet Watchtower organization is absolutely worth it. And this "Jehovah's day" nonsense he mentions isn't coming. It just isn't. Check back with me in 20 years, 30 years, etc. We'll still be here and the WTS will still be saying that Armageddon is "right around the corner." You can take that to the bank.

I find it AMAZING that grown men and women still fall for this "end of the world" claptrap. If you read the New Testament, those people thought it was coming in their lifetimes (see Jesus' discussion of the "generation" and in Revelation, John says Jesus is "coming quickly"--well, it's been almost 2000 years...that isn't "quickly" by anyone's timetable). Guess what, they were wrong. That makes it a pretty shaky foundation on which to base life decisions.

Since the first century, there have been literally dozens of end-of-the-world movements. And they all have one thing in common--they were all WRONG! The Watchtower organization is just another one of those movements. And just like the others, it has been proven WRONG over and over and over again.

Anyone who falls for the Watchtower message in 2009 deserves what he's getting. This is a religious organization that has been around for 130 years. During that time, it has prophesied the end of the world numerous times. Each time, it's been wrong. Explain to me why, with that background, anyone would choose to follow these idiots? It baffles me. I guess P.T. Barnum was right when he said "there's a sucker born every minute."

• chickpea
    chickpea

truth? what truth? "the truth" TM ? that truth??

i cannot leave something that does not exist

in the meantime: bon hiver!! good winter everyone!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

JEHOVAHS DAY COMES AT THIS MOMENT AND U REALIZE U WERE IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT BECAUSE OF LEAVING YOU ARE NOW DOOMED. WOULD EVERYTHING GAINED (temporary) ENJOYMENT WORTH IT?

Why do you ask?

Is it out of love and compassion for lost souls?

Why do you care?

Since leaving the jws, I continue to work on not judging others choices (unless it directly affects me). I don't have any interest in your choice of religion, why do you overlay your belief system on me?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    JEHOVAHS DAY COMES AT THIS MOMENT AND U REALIZE U WERE IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT BECAUSE OF LEAVING YOU ARE NOW DOOMED. WOULD EVERYTHING GAINED (temporary) ENJOYMENT WORTH IT?
    WOW !!!! SO TOUCHY ON THE QUESTION. STILL NO ANSWER THOUGH. RE-READ THE QUESTION

Aww, how cute! Thanks for coming and giving us an excuse to vent.

To my former JW bretheren and sisteren, it is my guess that this JW is proabably nothing more then a teenager. In fact, I guess he/she ('he' is my guess) hasn't got out of his pajama's in the last 3 or 4 days.. It is Christmas break after all.

Igadsden, I will pretend to take you seriously for a moment. (I would take this small pause to get some freshly laundered PJ's your mom just folded for you) You are getting responses from individuals, something that JW's can't fathom. I respect all opinions here. I am proud of you for being here. Although I would be willing to bet my shorts that you dont' really buy the JW bullshit anyway.

If you were for real, you wouldn't talk like you do. My guess is that you are a boring pimple faced goofball who likes to make himself laugh for your own amusement. (i.e. "HAHA! Look! I got apostates upset! LOL!")

You misread us my young friend.

Go change your pajamas.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I am with snowbird, that is never going to happen.

The WT organization is a false prophet and was apostate from its very beginning. Also just want to point out that most ex jws I know did not leave because they wanted to get more enjoyment out of life. That is a WT claim that they continually make to make people who leave the org seem shallow.

People leave the WT for a myriad of reasons including, reconizing the WT is false, not seeing any love shown to them or their families, the endlessly being told you are not good enough, or that you are not doing enough, and there are many other reasons too.

I left because Jesus Christ called me out of that false religion, because he had something better in store for me than being a WT slave the rest of my life. Peace, Lilly

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT THE L I E !!!!!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT THE TRUTH

Again someone posing a statement as a fact that is merely suggestive,manipulative and argumentative.

If and when you read the majority of reasons people left the Organization (not left the truth but the organization) it

was because they were in pursuit of truth. I know thats what brought me to this site as well as many others.

The truth never runs,never hides, can stand up to any scrutiny thrown at it and still remain the truth.

But when one says they represent or stand for the truth and yet tells you not to question it because you may be led

astray then it sounds like its not built upon a strong (rocklike, truth) foundation.

Remember Jesus even answered the question himself when he said he was "the way and the truth and the life."

(John 14:6) I find it highly presumptuous that a man made organization would even refer to itself as "the truth" that

constantly has to change what "truth" is, with new light which becomes old light that becomes new light once again.

One thing I can give Jesus credit for is even when doubting Thomas asked for proof of his resurrection, Jesus didn't

get all bent out of shape and criticize him for wanting evidence. He merely said happy are those who don't see and

yet believe.

But as for your question about leaving the truth, I'll never leave something I know to be truth. I can't answer for

anyone else on here or anywhere for that matter but I can answer for me with complete confidence that I won't leave

truth.

Now let me ask you a question. In line with the scriptural admonition to 'make sure of all things,hold fast to what is fine"

(1 Thess.5:21) and with 1 Corinthians 2:15 which states, "However ,the spiritual man examines indeed all things,"

are you willing to put your beliefs to the test and see if they can stand up to scrutiny and indeed pass the test of fire

as anything that is truth will?

For if it is indeed truth it will survive the scrutiny,analyzing,examination.

If it is not then its works will become manifest.

• Abe L. Toseenow
    Abe L. Toseenow

Sorry can't answer your question, I did'nt leave the "truth", I left "THE LIE". And it wasnt for anything temporary, it was so I could enjoy the other half of my life that I had'nt wasted yet! A wise man said once "You may take my life.....But you will never take my FREEDOMMMMM!!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

We can spend lifetimes arguing "what ifs" about situations that will never exist.

This one is a great example. But yep... totally worth it. No way I'd want to live on a planet filled with nothing but witnesses.

WLG

• steve2
    steve2

The poster poses a hit-and-run question that crosses an invisible line, revealing that they themselves are not "in" the truth. Simply by posting on this site, they have broken Watchtower rules. What disgusting hypocrisy. Hmmmmmm: Talk about being without friends and surrounded by foes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit