Why attack?

by newqatarjob 145 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@WheninDoubt, "Curious, did any of you meet RAY?"

Go back to my post four posts behind this one.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

When a religion routinely attacks other religions and train its members to do the same, it is only fair that such members attack their own religion when they get the reasons to do so.

Back to the sender...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WheninDoubt you dont have to personally meet someone to understand their thoughts .

If you haven't read his first book " Crisis of Conscience " as of yet, its on You Tube in its entirety.

Here is the first chapter ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfM-V7uIJY

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

FayeDunaway: yes I have Ray’s book in my library, as well as many others. As I stated before, everything is not just black and white. Like Finkelstein stated, how can people separate half-truth’s, and lies, if you’re not willing to look at the complete picture for an intelligible debate.

Tempest in a Teacup: Okay, nothing personal, but that has been going on for millennia. So if this is a JW only forum, then what are atheist and evolutionist allowed here? If you wish to separate the forum, I don’t know who you would have to speak with.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A pdf version of his book is here.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

When In Doubt, I guess I don't see what the problem is here. This is not a forum for hate discussions about Jehovah's Witnesses. Many people here are for reform, change and seeing the organization start to take more responsibility and accountability for some of its actions/mistakes that have hurt us, our family or our friends. It's not about hate. We don't wish for the death and destruction or physical harm of any JW or their leaders. I know I don't hate them. They do rile me, disgust me, disappoint me at times.But so have my friends from time to time. Yet, when my friends take accountability and express sorry with a heartfelt apology, then I am more than willing to forgive them. Many of us are waiting hopefully for the day when Watchtower will do that. But hate? I think you are overreacting a bit here.

Throughout history there have been many organizations/societies/ religions that have been oppressive in not allowing free thought. They used fear, guilt and the massive weight of social/religious obligation to exhaust the people into submission. As a result an equal and opposite reaction has taken place. Those that were stifled by communism, dictators, popes,regimes and the religious elite, were forced to find a safe outlet to vent their frustration and anger so as not to build up rage to the point of committing hate crimes.or actions they would live to regret. They did so within their community, or in their home or in secret meetings to vent.

I feel this site is just Newton's third law of physics in that its a natural reaction to an oppressive regime that stifles its sheep with guilt and fear. Somewhere along the stream of time the true Christian love that Jesus talked about at John 13:35 was lost and replaced by a synthetic, artificial love that just doesn't sustain its members anymore.

• cofty
    cofty
    what are atheist and evolutionist allowed here?

Eh?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its an open forum WheninDoubt concentrically focused upon among others things on JW theology and practice.

It may be since the WTS was so connivingly dishonest in its bible theology and the apparent realization of that dishonesty, that most people who were involved with the JW eventually end up being agnostic or atheists.

A probable outcome if you will.

• cofty
    cofty
    It may be since the WTS was so connivingly dishonest in its bible theology and the apparent realization of that dishonesty, that most people who were involved with the JW eventually end up being agnostic or atheists.

It's more likely because most ex-JWs have had to actually examine the beliefs they were given by their parents. 99.9% of believers have never done that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I like to ask Whenindoubt what are you doing here if its strongly advised by the GB to not come to ex-JWS apostate web sites and discuss religious faith issues ?

Please be honest in your answer WheninDoubt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit