Jehovah's Witnesses---A Cult or Not?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Let me ask anyone of you. Have you ever dated a worldly person or associated with them? I have and know that they do as they please without regard to anything. A date makes up their own rules, they can choose to be with men or women, they act and dress provacatively, they drink go out and party etc. etc. This is totally against what I believe and why the bible tells us not to associate with them....

t.f.d.s.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?

And honestly everyone - why are you even playing with him? Time to leave the sandbox.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?

And honestly everyone - why are you even playing with him? Time to leave the sandbox.

It is my assigned duty, plain and simple. And because I care about people to the highest extent. I teach contrary to what is taught around the world. I am the faithful and discreet slave.......whether you believe or not. I need more tea, have a good day everyone.

t.f.d.s.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

SoM said:

Let me ask anyone of you. Have you ever dated a worldly person or associated with them? I have and know that they do as they please without regard to anything. A date makes up their own rules, they can choose to be with men or women, they act and dress provacatively, they drink go out and party etc. etc. This is totally against what I believe and why the bible tells us not to associate with them....

In accordance with the excellent point of GG, SoM has changed the subject, as it appears his desire is to argue.

My point is that institutionalized shunning is nowhere to be found in the bible as practiced by JW's. SoM, ostensibly not a JW, yet vigilant defender nonetheless, is on this board to show that the religion he disagrees with A) isn't a cult, and B) doesn't shun.

You are therefore sir, an idiot in the dictionary definition of the word. EVERYONE knows that JW's are both a cult, and that they shun. But now, you wish to talk about not dating unbelievers?

Perhaps you should get meds for your ADD.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, we all know JWs are perfect, don't we?

How's that rafter feel in your eye, SoM?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think SOB can't even see that big ole log in his eye

"Let me ask anyone of you. Have you ever dated a worldly person or associated with them? I have and know that they do as they please without regard to anything. A date makes up their own rules, they can choose to be with men or women, they act and dress provacatively, they drink go out and party etc. etc. This is totally against what I believe and why the bible tells us not to associate with them...."

But I'm game and answer his stupid bigoted question:

You're wrong. I have dated "worldly men" and I married one and this year will be our 17th anniversary. He's never lied to me, when he was well he would call me multiple times from work during the day. If any decision had or to be made he always consults me and we agree on what has to be done. He's a better dresser than you will ever be. He seldom drinks and when he does never to drunkeness. He's one of the best men I have ever met.

If you have been attracting shanky people sounds like a personal problem. Like attracts like.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"And for what it's worth, I believe many things in the Bible make it easy for cults to justify their actions." - drwsn32

I agree with your statement drwsn32.

Religions have been using the bible to promote their agendas for centuries. You will find an answer for every question you have. Depending of what you want, you will find the appropriated answer to “give” your followers. If you want to keep people captive you will say something like; the devil can capture us at will, 2 Timothy 2:26. But if you want people to feel a little confident about their selves and what they believe you will say that (the devil) can’t capture us, James 4:7.

You might say that you can find god by reasoning alone Romans 1:20, then again if you need the money and the followers you can use Job 11:7.

Of course there are no contradictions, just interpretations or misinterpretations that can be used to mislead people.

You can follow your own heart Ecclesiastes 11:9, even if somewhere in that little book you can find a verse that said you should not, Numbers 15:39

I am still believe that the WTS it’s a cult.

Take care,

Ismael

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

But I'm game and answer his stupid bigoted question: You're wrong. I have dated "worldly men" and I married one. He's never lied to me, when he was well he would call me multiple times from work during the day. If any decision had or to be made he always consults me and we agree on what has to be done. He's a better dresser than you will ever be. He seldom drinks and when he does never to drunkeness. He's one of the best men I have ever met.

If you have been attracting shanky people maybe it's you.

GOD knows your husband. Don't believe what your husband tells you.

t.f.d.s.

• sacolton
    sacolton

And GOD knows the Watchtower Society. Don't believe what the Governing Body tells you.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

GOD knows your husband. Don't believe what your husband tells you.

Out of the mouths of trolls. You are a very condescending little fool. Go take your meds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit