Jehovah's Witnesses---A Cult or Not?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I first got on this site, I would bristle at the thought that I ever belonged to a cult.

Do you believe that Witnesses are truly "cultists"?

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

I have no doubt that they are a cult with only their own self preservation considered important.

If you haven't read crisis of conscience , I suggest you do it's a great starting point to fully understand what I mean.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe they're acult and I ready and agree with both Franz books.

• chipote
    chipote

I didn't for several months after I left. Now I believe they are. I believe they use subtle tactics to begin taking over your mind and then they use that to push you into believing thier magical faithful and discreet slave class can prophesy and only they can interpret the bible. This was the big one that led to my calling them a cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a Cult..

A Terrible Cult..

The WBT$ go`s inside your Brain..

And..

Wiggles it`s Finger!

Just like the Doctor when he`s checking your Prostate..

• PEC
    PEC

Good point Outlaw.

Philip

• Son of Man
    Son of Man
    1.a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
    2.an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
    3.the object of such devotion.
    4.a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
    5.Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
    6.a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
    7.the members of such a religion or sect.

any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

I would say not according to the definition of cult. What do you think?
  • oompa
    oompa

i think they meet every definition of mainstream definitions..........oompa

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Oompa (got bamboozled on your thread lol)

which of the definitions that I posted apply to the W.T.S.?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Do you believe that Witnesses are truly "cultists"?"

Yep, I believe the bOrg is a cult and the rank and file are misled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit