Jehovah's Witnesses---A Cult or Not?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

And GOD knows the Watchtower Society. Don't believe what the Governing Body tells you.

This is true and it is also written that all men will be proven to be liars........for now believe only what can be proven to you.

Even then a bible-based belief can be misunderstood.

t.f.d.s.

• AllTimeJeff
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I wish to apologize, it is clear I am adding to this fire of idiodicy and taking away from Minmus's original intent. I have no further desire to engage with someone who hijacks a thread, then doesn't respond to the discussion, but instead uses it as an opportinity to preach and call himself the real "faithful and discreet slave."

I am wrong for engaging with someone who has the desire to do more then promote his own agenda. My apologies Minimus.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Out of the mouths of trolls. You are a very condescending little fool. Go take your meds.

Sticks and stones, meet me in person and tell me that. At that time you will be standing before me in The Kingdom of GOD.

Now please let us stick to the topic at hand.

t.f.d.s.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To answer this, look at what happens if you are caught reading material that dissects the religion. Suppose you are caught looking at objective reviews of the religion. If it comes from the news, they will bash the news as Satanic (but, if there is something favorable about the religion, they will praise God for moving the media). If it is coming from someone that is, or was, in it, you can be disfellowshipped. That would red-flag the group as a cult.

Additionally, how many people's lives have been ruined by the religion? Now, what happens if they want no more and try to leave? They are cut off from the congregation, even family, and that is another major red flag issue. With the high number of people's lives ruined, I would definitely say that it is a cult--and a whopper of a waste of time.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

GOD will weigh out the good and the bad in ALL religions upon the earth. HE will unify all beliefs under ONE law. Point of the matter is to rely upon GOD solely and never put your trust in nobel man. It is not a cult, that is my final message delivered.

t.f.d.s.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, if you honestly "rely upon GOD solely and never put your trust in noble man" then why do you need the Watchtower Society to tell you what to say, think and do?

The scripture you are hinting at is this:

Psalm 146:3

Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

SOM: "Don't believe what your husband tells you."

Oh, you are in soooo much trouble now.

Sic him, Mrs. J.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Well, if you honestly "rely upon GOD solely and never put your trust in noble man" then why do you need the Watchtower Society to tell you what to say, think and do?

I don't need the W.T.S. what makes you think that? I weigh out all teachings and set matters straight according to my GODLY instruction. Understand what the W.T.S. believes in regards to the faithful slave does not even come close to what he actually is. I am in "direct" communication with The Almighty GOD 24/7, even in my dreams.

In like manner to Jesus upon the earth, so the slave is in this time period. This goes way beyond what the W.T.S. claims wouldn't you say? I am one man only, and not a group comprised of 144,000.

t.f.d.s.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Public Service Announcement for those of you who might have missed it:

SOM is mentally ill (look at his member postings and read his history and intro posts) and also believes he is the Faithful and Discreet Slave. He isn't a witness or a troll - he is ill.

By his own admission, he has been kicked off the board many times under different member names. Please have some empathy and kindness for his mental illness and just ignore him. Don't feed into his delusions and keep this going. We can rise above, right???

gg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit