Jehovah's Witnesses---A Cult or Not?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

How easily you make a conclusion without even knowing what QFR is.

QFR = Questions from Readers. You know that column in the frickin WATCHTOWER MAGAZINE? The same publication that is supposed to dispense holy wisdom from Jehovah? Certainly THAT doesn't reflect the thought of the WTS, does it.

Ok then post a scan of what you said so I can read it for myself.......

t.f.d.s.

• chickpea
    chickpea

HEY!!!!

dressing in drag is WAY OFF TOPIC

plus as an ally for the queer community
    of which my transgender son is a member
    i find the bandying about of the term as
    an insult to be highly offensive....

back to the topic: yes, WTS is a cult

• undercover
    undercover

<--------------steps in the room, reads a few posts...steps back out again...

not wasting my time with wacko trolls today...

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

No, humans are to say. The same humans that invented the word "cult" and its corresponding definition.

Now, if you want to say that God wants such a religion, and those tactics to be used to control his "followers", then fine. That's a different argument. And more evidence that the God of the bible is one nasty mofo.

GOD knows everything even before we can think it or make it up. I am not saying that GOD has authorized all religions upon this planet earth and HE has NOT. HE will only authorize complete TRUTH. GOD of the bible did what HE did out of necessitie and in response to what HIS creations did. HE has never acted with anger or unlawfully on HIS own. HE in fact is very loving and kind beyond anyones comprehension. I am by no means saying that what I have experienced is easy. In fact it is extremely difficult. I have to know what all those in the heavens are learning and witnessing. The apostles have never seen a nuclear detonation, nor even the war planes and crafts or anything in the different time period. They have now and know what I know about the wickedness in our day.....

t.f.d.s.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Here are some opinions on why some people consider JWs to be a cult or not.

• Whether the Jehovah's Witnesses are actually a cult will depend on who you ask, and how they define the word "cult."

• What is a cult? According to one definition, it is a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. By that definition, any organized religious system is a cult. TheWorldBookEncyclopedia says that "traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance." By that definition ALL religions are "cults."

(Posted from WikiAnswers)

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Point of the matter is that J.W.'s or the W.T.S. is not a cult because they are based upon bible-based teachings plain and simple.......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

• Whether the Jehovah's Witnesses are actually a cult will depend on who you ask, and how they define the word "cult."

• What is a cult? According to one definition, it is a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. By that definition, any organized religious system is a cult. TheWorldBookEncyclopedia says that "traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance." By that definition ALL religions are "cults."

(Posted from WikiAnswers).....S.O.M

Posting other peoples answers does not mean they are right..

Nor does it make you right..

Claiming to be the FDS..

Will only get you in trouble with the FDS..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Claiming to be the FDS..Will only get you in trouble with the FDS..

How can I possibly get in trouble with myself? A house divided cannot stand.......

t.f.d.s.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, SOM, here's what simple: we disagree with you and we've clearly shown why.

Chickpea, the reason why the dressing in drag comment was brought up is because SOM claims to be the Son of Man, and The Faithful Slave. He said what was said about him was untrue however as God's voice, he shouldn't lie about his background as there's plenty of proof over the years as to what he has said.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Point of the matter is that J.W.'s or the W.T.S. is not a cult because they are based upon bible-based teachings plain and simple.......

Gee, that's what every cult member thinks of their cult organization. Do you think anyone thinks the religion they are involved with does not follow the bible?

Again, you aren't comprehending what makes a dangerous cult a dangerous cult. Not surprised though; cult members never really recognize that they are involved with a cult until they actually mentally break free.

What makes a dangerous cult a dangerous cult is the control placed on the followers and the removal of individuality. Even the WTS brags about their "unity." Sure, they are united! But not because of anything so holy as God's blessing. It's because all differing thought is suppressed. When there is a change in thought (eg, "new light") all members are expected to instantly change to the new thinking. Anyone trying to have a different thought will be expelled and face shunning by friends and family. Now the "unity" doesn't sound so amazing, does it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit