How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
  • BadBettie
    BadBettie

I actually was going to post a VERY LONG post explaining exactly why he does these things. I will post it later as I reveal a lot of personal information (I am not an aspie as per another thread, I used to work with aspies and autism spectrum children-adults and share a personality type in myers briggs* often scored by aspies [INTP]) and I want to think about it before I post it in public forums. That and I don't want to insult him if he's still around.

Not that it is insulting to him, but I like to use tactful words as to not hurt feelings as my words are often blunt, too blunt ot be helpful. That and if he isn't coming back I don't really want to bother.....but it may be helpful to those who are limited in here be it by physical or mental problems even little ones.

His problem is very very fixable too. I was looking at disability for my physical health issues, and I flatly refused it as it is the worst thing you can do even for mental health including social anxiety disorders and general anxiety disorders (I have both but pretty much ignore it to the point I forget it now).

Find out why at elev- I guess sometime after 8PST.

*RE: Myers Briggs I don't consider it written in stone but it is a helpful guide for people that think generally within those 16 ranges. I think one can change their type too.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yesidid, yes lol. I call it like I see it...as others are free to do to me. In fact, it had been done excessively to me in the past and contributed to my awakening. But, I have never lied about myself on here.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

BadBettie, you have a pm.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I don't see the trouble in calling BS on anyone on here other than it causes drama, at least 3 posters here are set up like stereotypical SA or 4C poster fake accounts, but those guys often have better things to do than bug the likes of us. Spike has some very interesting personality traits which cannot be faked so I actually would assume he is real until it is blatantly shown or proven.

As for the Aspergers thing. I knew as soon as he said he had it, it was self diagnosed. A lot of aspergers is self diagnosed (to the point on some forums it is a joke to self diagnose, sorry but it is true. Everyone in here is unusually nice about this revelation.... where I come from you would be mocked then banned) and many of the people that do it self diagnose it is because of severe social anxiety issues or are just socially stunted. While I can understand and appreciate the possibility, it is something he could work with the same pretty much regardless of if he has autism/aspergers or not.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

After Spike's reveal of his self diagnosis of Aspergers (he really should get professional confirmation) and my thinking about what he's trying to achieve here (the being close to normal part, not the hopeless return to the bOrg that he seeks) I really think Spike should be looking into exploring the Aspergers community on the net. I've looked into it and there are several sites that might be more conducive and supportive to fulfill his needs.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/

http://spectrumites.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Just a thought.

Josie

P.S. in relation to the post above, and I was thinking along the same line before I read the above post, I think that if Spike does choose to go to the sites I suggested or a similar site he should not reveal his self-diagnosis.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think we should all remind ourselves that the Internet is a free community and all sorts of individuals will find their way on here.

Imagine yourself in a room or people. Who do you go talk to? The person you know you would have nothing in common with, or someone who behaves like you might have some common ground, who might be an interesting person?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I really can't tell either way and can see how Spike might be lying, but what if he isn't? Have you ever known people with brain injuries? It's easy for them to get incredibly disoriented, they struggle finding the right words, they change their stories out of confusion. He is saying that it's hard for him to meet with more than one person at a time because the hand gestures and movements get overwhelming, and that he would prefer a "study buddy" who will correspond with him in writing so that he can take his time to decipher the meaning and take his time with a response.

Isn't it possible that he really is a person struggling with some serious side effects due to a brain injury? That would certainly account for his lack of using JW jargon, if he can't remember the right words. I have personally known someone who was in a car accident and was never right afterwards. He was mentally disabled. He was like a child in many ways, and it wasn't his fault. If this is what Spike is, he may be sincerely seeking our help, even if he is going about it in a frustrating manner.

I'm not siding with anybody. I'm just pointing out what I think could really be a possibility here. Sometimes it seems like people jump on each other way too quickly around here (or maybe that is just part of being on an online forum).

Rachel

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Here's another question: Does it matter if Spike is lying? So what if he is? What does it hurt to take him at face value?

Does it mean anything that the men are jumping on him and the women are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt?

• isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit