How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

bc, you have an e-mail/ Yahoo Messenger connection.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Ok Im back to being confused Spike. I thought they NULLIFIED your baptism, or wouldnt let you go through with it and now you say you WERE baptized a JW?? Or are you talking about baptizm somewhere else?

If you werent baptized you ARENT A JW nor can you be DISFELLOWSHIPPED if you were never a JW. Unless you just dont make any progress and the elders consider you a waste of time...they should be willing to study with you.

There are cases where people became or tried to become, permanent long term bible studies and they never made any "progress" towards becoming a JW, they only liked the companionship and the weekly visits and wanted to continue that.

If they wont study with you...I hold little hope for them ever baptizing you.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to WuzLovesDubs (Post 636): I'm not surprised to see you say that you're confused. The announcement said that I was "NOT one of JWs", rather than that I was "no longer one of JWs". I took it to mean that my 1992 JW baptism finally was NULLIFIED, since that was one of the last considerations of the JC before its announcement. I had prayed that Jehovah would direct the announcement.

Since my memory is poor (what with head injuries and lack of stable association, built on top of Asperger's & being born 1-month premature, with its attendant allergies, etc.), with a lot of thoughts just going around over and over in my head, I required the announcement and its meaning to be put in writing, and have someone work with me regarding the strange behaviour that plagued me for years, even as an "Regular Auxiliary Pioneer".

The JC elders don't accept what it means me being Aspie and all, other than that they feel that I'm unable to progress and a waste of time. That's because they are only willing to discus with me face-to-face orally with all 3 there, rather than just 1-on-1 with writing like I can do on JWN, PMs, and e-mail.

I hope that helps some, but I'm sure that I could also be opening myself up to a whole bunch of questions, which is basically OK on JWN since I can take my time and deal with questions as I can.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

what are you REALLY doing here? i think your absolutly full of it

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

It's my life, missing pieces and all.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

Ive met a far amount of people with asburgers syndrome as my father works with them and others with intellectual disabilities and ive never heard them BLAME their condition for anything.They actually seem to take pride in telling people about it and what they do exseptionaly well.I think your storey is inconsistant and fabricated.Its insulting to the people here who tell their true life stories and pour out their souls on here for guidance and support .I f ive misread you i apologize in advance but if not take a long hard look at yourself and determine why you are here and if thats a good enough reason

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm true blue. Apology accepted. I want to sleep tonight. I don't want THIS hanging over my head.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If all I had was the Asperger's I guess I'd be fine, as long as I had actually MET any group of them. I only know what diagnosis to make because of what I've read. JCs aren't used to doing their discussions in writing, or 1-on-1, so I'm hooped, especially since I haven't had anyone with me for emotional support.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wait a second...you haven't been formally/medically diagnosised by a doctor to have Asperger's. You've diagnosised yourself? Am I understanding you correctly?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The health care system here doesn't have the time for the likes of me. I'm too complicated, yet too normal-looking for the likes of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit