How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

What forum is there for DF'd ones needing positive association? Anything like an AA program, but based on Philippians 3:13 and Philippians 4:8?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There is positive association here Spike. It's just not the kind you apparently want.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Google 'Good Christian Association'. You will find millions of people who would encourage you to go back to your religion. Be careful though, they might convince you to actually read the Bible, and we all know the GB would not approve of that!

Jeff

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    What forum is there for DF'd ones needing positive association?

You're not supposed to have any association. According the GB you're supposed to avoid association with non-JWs and JWs are supposed to avoid assoication with you. Sounds totally reasonable right? If you disobey, you'll never get back in their good graces. If you obey, you're still not going to get reinstated (based on what you've said in other posts about attending meetings for three years without effect). You're sore out of luck with these folks Spike. You seem to feel that worshipping Jehovah is possible even without the GB's blessing so why not just do that? Why do you WANT to be part of these people who are so cold and unfeeling to you?

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

When you are disfellowshipped you don't get a study buddy. You aren't to discuss spiritual things with any members of the hall/faith except for the conversations you have with elders. If you were capable of answering the questions prior to baptism you should be capable of at least studying yourself. Depending on if you did something bad or if you questioned what you were taught the course you would take would differ.

If you have questions about teachings there should be an elder to assist you. We had a fellow with Aspergers in our hall that had a lot of "apostate driven" questions and they charged a brother with helping him along. He was not DF'ed though, he was to be converted in which admittedly in our hall had more effort put into it than recovering lost ones. Asking for help may be difficult but you will never find out what they want from you until you ask what is required of you to return to the congregation.

You become reinstated by admitting whatever you did to get DF'ed was wrong and be genuinely apoligetic about it. You will also have to show that you are trying to intake spiritual food by attending meetings on a regular basis (every single one that you can).

Sometimes if you disagree with the elders on if the event occured you may be stuck. My relatives that kept trying to get reinstated didn't until they were actually dying from a disease and their mother begged the elders. The people had written letters and went to most meetings and even assemblies but it was not enough.

So basically you can't expect to find a place full of DF'ed people trying to get back on track, because if they really want to do it accoring to the WTS way, they cant talk about it. That is the understanding here. You receive encouragement through being at the hall and learning what is presented there as it is apparently from god.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

bluecanary can type faster than me.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

My JC and other elders before that told me that I don't learn it right when I study on my own. I agree that Idon't benefit from reading and marking ahead. Only from using what I hear/ read right away in conversation.

I find that right now I'm doing the best (no problematic mood swings) by testing my thoughts in context with a discussion in progress, like on JWN.

The problem is that there is now a bunch of the latest magazines stacking up, because I need to have an exchange or reading and listening, where I can help others, in order to help myself at all. Even then, I don't retain what help I get for myself spiritually.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*shaking head*

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'll offer to study with you. You have a pm.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Go and find a Moonie.

You could be a fully fledged flower seller in less than a month, no questions asked.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit