How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Spike, You have a PM.

villabolo

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Wow, 6 pages worth of answers. Good luck!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Has anyone ever known of a baptism actually declared invalid?

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

If they ever corner me with the threat of DF ing me I will try to get mine declared invalid as I was under 18 and heavily medicated, I doubt it will work. I don't know anyone that has been. I will probably post my more through post here later or tomorrow morning. I didn't realise I'd have so much work after work that I don't think I can competantly put enough sentences together to do anything. Its a touchy issue and I really want to focus on my words.

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

I have, they tried to do this to an illegal immigrant in my old cong some years ago as he only married this sister to gain leave to stay in the UK, he was D/F'ed dont know how they done in nullifying his baptism

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Perhaps this forum will return to normal.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Has anyone ever known of a baptism actually declared invalid?

I know of a girl who got baptized and then that very night got caught drunkenly sucking off a boy at a concert (I know this because I was at the same assembly and at the same concert, and I saw both things with my own eyes, unfortunately). They disfellowshipped her. I would think that would be an instance where they might nullify the baptism, if such a thing existed.

On the other hand, I have heard of things being handled very differently from congregation to congregation; for instance in my congregation they would have FREAKED OUT if I had dared show up with any facial piercings, but then I later learned that congregations in the LA, California area, for instance, many of the young girls had small pretty studs in their noses (or so I was told by someone who grew up as a JW in that area).

For whatever that is worth.

Rachel

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

funny you should say that GR because we knew a girl who went out to celebrate her baptism got smashed out of her brains and got laid as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit