How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
  • jeeprube
    jeeprube

WTF?

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

LOL. Dude, stop with the nonsense. You don't have to study... if the reason you weren't kicked out wasn't that serious, you go to the meetings (EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!...which is only two now so count your lucky stars, bub), you'll be reinstated within 6 months tops. You'd have had to bang a elder's daughter or something for it to last longer than that. People like to see people come back so I dont get why you aren't back in. How long have you been disfellowshipped, yet still going?

Like I say, 6 months tops. 8 months if they can't stand you...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He's not back in cuz they don't want him.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

3½ years.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Spike if you are that desperate to be reinstated and begin 'studying' again- then go to your KH and plede with the elders, start attending all the meetings and ask everyone if they would be willing to study with you again. This may or may not work, but hey, if it's that important to you it's worth a try.

Even though we disagree on many beliefs- I think you will find that dispite some disagreement between members on this board- there is more real Love and Compassion here in JWN that there ever will be in the WTBTS. We may not like everything some people say here- but you Never be rejected or denied your Right to disagree with them. Your membership here is free and you are free to come and go as you please/ believe as you wish and there are endless topics to study with many people on here (but the point of studying is that you learn along the way).

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Well go to a different hall then. You don't get study buddies Spike. If anything that would look worse; like you guys were up to trouble. they wanna see you alone, not socializing with people in your situation. Thats why when disfellowship run into each other they are suppose to like, either tell each other to go to the meetings, or talk something else that is JW related. Not become best chums. What if you make it back and they don't?

So if you wanna go back then go back, sit quietly and leave afterwards as to not make them feel uncomfortable for ignoring you outright. lol. God I hated doing that...that weird awkward smile.

Or if you have any sense, dont go back whatsoever, move on and worship God/Jehovah in some other way...

How long have you been with the witnesses anyway?

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Wait... 3 1/2 years?!?!?!?!!!?!?!

Oh hell no there is something else going on here man. No one is disfellowshipped for that long and attends meetings. Thats just, like... what? Even if they didn't believe you to be repentant, what do the elders say to you when they talk to you? They encourage people throughout the process to keep attending and ask you about your life and making changes. what have they been telling you in the meantime for 3 1/2 years?

Dude that doesn't sound right.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let me ask a very serious question here, Spiker.

Why in God's name would you ask that question here? Virtually no one here is interested in getting back to being a Jehovah's Witness. We are all trying to find a way to get over having been one, healing from spiritual abuse at the hands of the WTS or the brotherhood, or just plain hate the religion you favor.

If you want to go back - well then go back. But asking that here is like asking a person just leaving the confines of prison how one can get a room inside the place. Clearly you are not serious and your credibility goes lower than ever with such a thing.

Jeff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Baptised back in 1992 after 3 years of dysfunctional study twice per week. I've missed an average of 2 gatherings per year in the whole time I've been OUTED.

I like JWN fine, except for ONE BIG THING: my reading of the current literature doesn't happen. That's why I need a study buddy so we can read and discuss each article in the spirit of Philippians 4:8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit