How Can an Outed One Find a Study Buddy to Get Reinstated as a JW?

by Spike Tassel 117 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Self-diagnosis never seems wise.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And that is the case with anything. Nothing is official until diagnosed by a professional.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

But I do agree this Spike is off mentally.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I understand why issacaustin is upset. If you read accross all 4 of Spikes really big threads he puts a lot of weight on his diagnosis of Aspergers.

Not in direct comparison but along the lines of the dangers of self diagnosis. I had a very close friend [no, not me] who was on a tentative dignosis of bi polar. She did have mood swings and some odd issues but nothing too extreme. She took this as "I have bi polar and this is who I am" it later extended into her discussing her manic and depressive phases for everything.

This went on for several months. In the end she had a very slight hormonal imbalance that affected a lot of different things. She was absolutely mortified because she had made a huge case of her bi polar disoder to the point of having her employer do special things for her. She coudln't talk to many of her friends and isolated herself after this because of fear of the reactions. I was annoyed myself but I didnt say anything as it was beyond my controlling her or helping her not to do what she had started in motion.

I don't think she ever fully recovered from it as she still only associates with about 10-15 different people as opposed to the mass she originally had. She had unfortunately learned when you obsess over your illness to the point it invades other peoples lives and daily actions, you make them go away unintentionally sometimes, and her using bi polar as an excuse for everything...and then it not being valid was HUGE to some people that didnt understand it.

I think self diagnosis is absolutely lame in the greatest form. I think it is better to say that one has an issue or symptom and works to correct it, if it cant be corrected see a doctor about it. If you get a diagnosis good, work with it but don't label yourself as it. If I put all my chronic conditions and "disabilities" here with most of my posts I'd be typing for a long time. They don't affect me that much though because I wont let them.

Darnit, looks like I may just write Bettie's story out tonight. I'm giving it all away in small bricks..... :P

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

What's up with my posts coming up blank?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I have been wondering the same thing myself, isaac. I thought you might be doing it on purpose for some reason...

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I notice they (your posts in particular) do show up blank a lot, all the posts on this page have a comment FYI. Thats weird... I often wondered before if you were posting a failed video or a slow loading picture but after a while that pattern made no sense.

I know its an odd question... Are you on dial up or something like that?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hello Badbettie, you are right and I agree with everything you said. Thank for sharing the experience of your friend as well. I am a very loving and giving person to those in need but take exception to those who play others. I currently and consistently assist the homeless in the street- at financial cost and danger to myself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I'm using mobileweb on my cell phone.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

Sounds like a light version of me : Uhh pardon the "language"!

My number one rule is: "Don't be a dick, unless someone else chooses to treat you in a dick-like manner, then you have the option of returning that at your own risk"

Its a good rule to live by and allows you to exercise your own sense of justice.

Edit: The phone might be doing it... we need another phone user to prove it though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit