What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    In a moonlit pond, surrounded by my fellow acolytes dressed in white robes. Afterwards, we chanted and ate cakes and wine.

Pagans rule.... (or is that Wiccan... sorry if I am off.... )

• parakeet
    parakeet

ATJ: Pagans rule.... (or is that Wiccan... sorry if I am off.... )

Actually, I think Pagans/Wiccans have an initiation ceremony that doesn't involve dunking. It differs by group, but usually involves casting a circle, the newbie dedicates him/herself to the group, and then they all feast.

I'm neither Pagan nor Wiccan, though I feel a strong affinity toward their beliefs. I was just funning with everyone about my "baptism," although my invented baptism sounds a lot better than my dub baptism. Don't remember the assembly, but it was in Wilkes-Barre or Scranton, PA.

• anglise
    anglise

What an interesting thread.

Pontins, Camber Sands about 1982

Anglise

• ISP
    ISP

Northenden, Manchester in '82.....after 6 months study.......that cost me 20 years!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

July of 1988 The Myriad in Oklahoma City. The "Divine Just Ass" convention.

• BU2B
    BU2B

july 2001 Blue Cross Arena Rochester, NY Age 12

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

Halloween 1970....Jekyll Island GA....in a convention center on the ocean. Looking out one set of windows, you're looking at the beach...the other set of windows you would see people arriving in costume for a Halloween party in another meeting room. Hard to keep focused. lol

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I was dipped at 12 yo in a small pool under the stage at a KH in East LA. 3 got dipped that day. Knowing that that was the 'most important decision of my life', I'm glad I got it out of the way when I was 12. All my decisions since then have been much easier!

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

O that was in 1959 at a CA when I got dipped under the stage. Had stage fright ever since!

eyeuse2badub

• wakingup60
    wakingup60

PURE LANGUAGE....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit