What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

June - something 1996 @ Convention Hall in Newburgh, NY

That Convention Hall has since been sold.

• folks002
    folks002

I got baptized at the Godly Fear convention in San Francisco year 1994! I was 18 years old.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I think its very interesting how young in age , so many were dunked , I was about 21 and my new wife was about 19.

Just as a side point , how and why could children so young be allowed to commit themselves to a decision that can mean life or death to them.?

In most civilized countries you cant make decisions about your life until you have reached the age of 18 or 21 .

You cant drive a car , you cant vote , you cant drink alcohol , etc. Yet if your bapized at 13 or 12 or even younger you have the maturity and ability to make a life or death decision as to whether you will have a blood transfusion , whether to accept blood fractions or not , whether you can have an organ transplant or not , and so on . Doesnt this highlight the stupidity of this religion ? JW adults have trouble understanding these beleifs.

Jesus set the example of being baptized at 30 years of age , a man who could make mature decisions that affected his life .So why baptize children?

smiddy

My husband and I were saying exactly this just yesterday.

I was baptised in Natick, MA, USA in 1976 when I was 16 years old.

My husband was baptised in Jamestown, NY USA in 1965 when he was 14 years old.

• tiki
    tiki

Montreal Quebec - July 15, 1966. Should never have occurred....I was a clueless kid.

• running_away
    running_away

14/01/1995

Sad day to remember...

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I just want to express my admiration for all of you, who, despite being baptised and experiencing all that goes with leaving this WT after being baptised, you STILL folowed what you knew was right and true. You recognised the WT for what it really is. That is commendable and something to be so very proud of doing. It is obviously VERY difficult due to all that it inolves with your family and friends and your own previously "trained" mind.

Such strength on this forum! I'm happy to be reading the posts of experience and advice from such people!

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

bambzooled into in 1994, in a horse troff at that! NMH

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

1992 age 15 Plant City, Florida

My brother and I were baptised the same day in the same pool. He was 17.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

November 18, 2000, Santiago, Chile. The very same day of my 10th birthday... Rare coincidence...

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I might as well add mine. Feb 1962 in Tulare California at a circuit assembly. 14 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit