What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ventura, CA, 1969. The CA was at the fairgrounds, got dunked in a motel pool.

Worst decision of my life, I was 14 years old, I didn't know what I didn't know.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Natick, MA. 1991.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Vancouver , British Columbia,

1969 Peace on Earth, International Assembly

Percy Norman Pool , along with over 1,600 others.

I was 17 years old and the congregation servant previously told my mother he cried tears that I was not baptized by then.

My mother strongly ENCOURAGED me to be baptized, which I dutifully did. Quite overwhelming for a 17 year old.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

Roncq, France, in 2001

My mum, my sis and I were interviewed the same day at the convention because we were a "model" family...

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I were baptized at a circuit assembly in St.Albans , a suburb of Melb. Aust. in Nov.1960 . The brother who converted us gave our experience on the assembly program.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think its very interesting how young in age , so many were dunked , I was about 21 and my new wife was about 19.

Just as a side point , how and why could children so young be allowed to commit themselves to a decision that can mean life or death to them.?

In most civilized countries you cant make decisions about your life until you have reached the age of 18 or 21 .

You cant drive a car , you cant vote , you cant drink alcohol , etc. Yet if your bapized at 13 or 12 or even younger you have the maturity and ability to make a life or death decision as to whether you will have a blood transfusion , whether to accept blood fractions or not , whether you can have an organ transplant or not , and so on . Doesnt this highlight the stupidity of this religion ? JW adults have trouble understanding these beleifs.

Jehovahs Witnesses / the Watchtower, like to use a scripture , sometimes only one , as a principle as to why they have adopted a certain beleif or doctrine , that they then require all Jehovahs Witnesses to obey without question or face sanctions by the local elders , which can result in disfellowshipping and shunning by all members including family , if you were baptized.

Jesus set the example of being baptized at 30 years of age , a man who could make mature decisions that affected his life .So why baptize children?

smiddy

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I am not sure with others, but in my hall, the reason you got baptized so young was because it was considered a "first step" to being accepted in the congregation. Also, you were not allowed to date or marry if you were not baptized (unspoken rule). I was 17, and I delayed more than most in my hall.

• paladin
    paladin

Summer of 1970 at Regina, Sasklatchewan, Canada.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• Tech49
    Tech49

1984, Surrey, BC Circuit Assembly

Attended DC's at Tacoma Dome for many years. Puyallup Assembly hall was remodeled abou 15 years ago. Woodburn assembly hall is no longer orange...lately DC's are in Portland and Salem.

Tech49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit