What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Psycho Parrot, you must be a young lad , I remember when they purchased it , it was a Young Offenders Correctional Facility, rumour has it is that it had a swimming pool, although it was a nice hall when it opened, problem was that it was stuck in the middle of no where , ok in the summer, but you could not go anywhere in the winter, also when it opened it had a full operational kitchen, until the stupid big knobs made the food "simplified". Dorking was the best ass'embly hall, right in the middle of town a KFC across the road, a lovely public park close by and a leisure centre opposite

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

The building was purchased in the 90s by Marla Gibbs (Remember her from The Jeffersons and 227?), and has since been turned into a performing arts center.

Found this photo on the Internet. The feelings it evokes from me can best be described as "queasy-nostalgic."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow, I don't remember.

HOORAY!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Feb. 1984 in the Norval assembly hall.

W

• JeffT
    JeffT

Circuit assembly in Cheney, WA November 1973.

Drwtsn; I was protesting outside the Tacoma Dome when you were getting dunked!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

At a Circuit Assembly in 1970 at the old Central Kingdom Hall in Pittsburgh (Oakland) PA. I don't remember if the Assembly was there or if we had to go there to use the pool in the basement.

HappyDad

• Casper
    Casper

Broadbent Arena, Louisville KY. 1984

District Convention

Age- 28

Cas

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Kingdom Hall in Amityville, NY 1974

• cantleave
    cantleave

1984 DC The Dell Southampton - the actual dunking was in a municipal swimming pool.

• cantleave
    cantleave

JookBeard, I used to go to Dorking as a lad. I help build the Hayes-bridge hall in 1985, well I dug a few holes and filled them with concrete. Those were the days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit