What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• titch
    titch

Costa Mesa, California. October 1968. I was 14 then. Anyone else who might, just might, have been there, too??? Just Wondering.

Titch

• titch
    titch

OH, BTW, that was at a C.A.

Titch

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Mine was June 6, 1986 at the Houston Astrodome. I was 31 and had studied for three or four years and I felt trapped at that time. If only I were the person I am today I would have walked away.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

The wrong one....i should have never got baptized...It was/is the biggest mistake of my life. I feel it will eventually kill my marriage.

why? because my wife is so brain washed!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a sad situation, knowing the enevitable will happen. just trying to enjoy my marriage now.

she will never come around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sucks.

GTTM

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

1977, Inglewood, CA DC...can't remember the name of it.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Fort Lauderdale FL, Circuit Assembly 12/1981

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

where have those years gone, I remember it so vividly, my soon to be wife was on my arm, a real stunner, little did I know

• Terry
    Terry

I was baptised in Cleburne, Texas assembly two days after President John F. Kennedy was murdered in Dallas.

The eerie thing which struck me was how NOBODY was talking about the event which had shocked the world.

Everybody acted like a party was going on. It struck me as passing strange. Apprently it appered to them

they'd seem untheocratic to be concerned about it!

November 24, 1963

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you must have been a young lad Tel?

• sparky1
    sparky1

I still have my "YOUR WORD Is a Lamp to My Foot" book published in 1967. On page 220 is RECORD OF CHRISTIAN BAPTISM and it shows that I was baptised on January 30, 1971 at a Circuit Assembly in Nashua, N.H. I was 15 years old and didn't believe a word of it in my heart. I was a precocious little ba$tard and had read most of the Watchtower and Awake bound volumes from 1958 onward, most of Studies in the Scriptures, The Photo Drama of Creation book ( it was my own personal My Book of Bible Stories....my mother would encourage me to show people the 'good' people and the 'bad' people in the pictures) and The Harp of God as well as listening to many of Judge Rutherfords speeches on phonograph. So at a very young age I knew that something was remiss in this religion. At any rate, my mother kept putting the emotional pressure on me (she was an expert at mind screwing and emotional blackmail) to get baptised because Armageddon was coming in 1975 and I would die because I would be of age and not baptised. Wanting to know what was the right thing (I had no father or male figure that I could pour my heart out to) , I approached the Congreation Servant and the Bible Study Servant with my findings. The admonition of the Bible Study Servant was 'just stop reading those old books....they will only confuse you.' The Congregation Servant took things a step further. He said 'stop reading those old books. Everything you need to know is written in the "Jehovahs Witnesses in the Divine Purpose" book , "All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial" book, the Bible and current Watchtower and Awake magazines. Study those, get baptised and keep busy in Jehovahs service. Armageddon will be here in just a few years and all this will be behind us.' My mother is long dead, the Bible Study Servant is long dead (he died in 1975.......) and I believe that the Congregation Servant is on his last legs. The 'invisible Armageddon' must have come in 1975 but I just seemed to miss it. However, TTATT is still TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit