What Assembly were you baptized at...

by vilot 114 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Yes, I've been out for 20 years, but I can't pat myself on the back too much. It took another 12 years or so to get my mind out.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Bowes Road - quite a small venue

• calico
    calico

1977 circuit assembly in Florida--I have a picture somewhere..........

• Farkel
    Farkel

Ogden, Utah District Assembly, 1960. I was in the 6th grade, so I was obviously mature enough! I couldn't even feed myself or put clothes on my back, drive a car or get on some rides in amusement parks, but I could make an irrevokable and lifetime contract to serve all the whims and fancies of a Printing Corporation.

Farkel

• Gregor
    Gregor

Circuit Assembly, Ventura, CA 1956. I remember being embarrassed in the changing tent because I didn't have pubic hair yet. Must have looked like a little plucked chicken. The water was so cold I was gasping when the bro put his hand over my face and dunked me. And no dove when I came up out of the water.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Colombes rugby stadium in Paris suburbs, july 1981. Didn't bother remembering the name of that D.A.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

It seems like most were baptized over twenty years ago.

Besides the very young and those with mental/emotional issues, not too many are getting baptized anymore.

I would say its a good sign very few are recently baptized (bet the WBT$ is thankful for third world nations).

Really convinces you that this is an organization going backwards.

• lalaa
    lalaa

1997...freeman coliseum....San Antonio, TX

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

1993 DC in Madison, WI.

• parakeet
    parakeet

In a moonlit pond, surrounded by my fellow acolytes dressed in white robes. Afterwards, we chanted and ate cakes and wine.

Oh, you meant my DUB baptism!!! Don't remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit