PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

by undercover 126 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Reniaa,

First of all, you're not supposed to be "betting". It's against your religion.

Second, why don't you stop betting, and actually find out for yourself?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Reinna,

2Timothy 4:3, it cuts BOTH ways.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't need to prove it, I am happy that the bible is God's word and the Jws are the one religion that is following it the most closely atm.

I am wondering what we are supposed to do about the things they are not following closely atm?

and I guess we need to know what that is, for another thread?

purps

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't read the whole thread, but I have to admit that the JWs teach one thing that is the truth.

Bad associations spoil useful habits.

Since leaving the bad association of the JWs, I have developed some useful habits that no one criticizes me for any more. They include:

1. Continuing education.
    2. Buying a home.
    3. Furthering my career.
    4. Planning for my retirement.
    5. Being community oriented.
    6. Giving to charities.

W

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

At a certain point in my life I was not satisified with the reasoning that this was the true religion using very subjective values. For example, I asked my self:

Did I really belong to a religion that had more love that everyone else? I did not feel a lot of love in the congregation and I did not see the love of the brothers better than those I worked with.

Did I really believe that the world wide preaching activity proves that I was part of the true religion, considering the fact that the process was so inefficient and ineffective?

I went through each of the items discussed here and came to the conclusion that even if a few items may have some value, they did not explain the truth.

I then began an analysis of our beliefs. I thougth that our beliefs set us apart. I started really reading the "Revalation" book and compared notes with the bible and other sources. I soon discovered that there was a lot of double-speech and unsupported items. There was very little that I believed that was justified. There were a lot of circular reasoning. I ultimately came to the conclusion that I did not have the "truth."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa said:

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

I know the majority have rejected Jw's on here but what have they rejected them for? What new faith do you have that follows God's word the bible? that is the question.

Reniaa

My reply:

2 TIm describes the WT to a tee.

What have we rejected JWs for? I have for God. To follow my God and savior Jesus. What have you rejected Jesus for Reniaa?
    To follow man.

• screwproof
    screwproof

freeman, is what you said about the presidents family true? Where did you get that information.?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I know the majority have rejected Jw's on here but what have they rejected them for? What new faith do you have that follows God's word the bible? that is the question.

Reniaa

If a Dog Shits in your yard and you Clean it up..

Do you worry about what you will replace it with?

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yay I got Reniaa's attention, now I get to show you why you're dead-ass wrong.

lol tuesday lots of claims but no proof.

How so, you mean where I said there were other religions that believe stuff. I see the same out of JWs, hundreds of claims no iron-clad proof. Just interpretations upon interpretations.

I'm betting the Jws have the mormons beat of preaching worldwide.

Oh I'm betting they don't since it's a requirement of Mormons to preach for 2 years. I did find a graph of the ratio to converts to preaching and surprise, surprise it's MUCH higher than JWs. I'm looking for the hour count, or a number of missionaries so I can calculate an approximate number, but from what I've read thus far it's at the least on par and at most FAR greater than the hours JWs spend in the ministry.

I'm also betting the few religions you dragged up that believe in one God are the only ones you could find (and most of them are just offshoots around the Jws)

I mentioned the three for a reason, The Associated Bible Students stuck with the teachings of Russell which means JWs would be an off-shoot of them. The Dawn Bible students are an off-shoot of JWs and the Christadelphians have never had anything to do with JWs.

and in comparison there are 34,000 trinitarian christian denominations.

That would be quite an amazing thing since there are only 33,380 different denominations of Christianity as a whole. So if that's true, that must mean JWs believe in a trinity since with your stat all Christian denominations believe in a trinity.

Islam is a bible predicted faith it is meant to be big, as God promised ishmael but it will still have to answer to God for it's ways.

Very vague, thanks for that.

Thousands of religions may believe Jesus is the son of God but they also paradoxically believe he is God as well. They think Jesus is one of 3 who's in one 'what' and that 'what' is God and that just simply isn't biblical. their main proof texts were proven false and now they scrabble around trying to construct it with pieces of out of context scripture or gramatically challenged scripture. Here is a scripture spoken by Jesus himself that completely defines that he isn't God.

And John 10:30 "I and the Father am one" is out of Jesus' mouth that he is. I'm sorry Reniaa, but so F'n what! There are thousands of religions that do believe Christ is God's son and not God. This is not an exclusive concept to Jehovah's Witnesses, in fact I'd be hard-pressed to find one single, solitary teaching that JWs hold that other religions don't as well. In fact many of them are held by the same religions. Sorry to burst your bubble but there's nothing special about JWs.

And from a later post...

I don't need to prove it, I am happy that the bible is God's word and the Jws are the one religion that is following it the most closely atm.

Ah dear, until you have literally looked and worshipped at every single one of those 33,380 different denominations of Christianity then you can't accurately say that can you? You're just lying.

I for one would be SHOCKED if you could tell me definitive differences in doctrine between the Associated Bible Students, Dawn Bible Students and Christadelphians from what JWs teach currently.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If Missionary/preaching work was the yard stick, RC would still be the ones winning the race probably.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit