PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

by undercover 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If they really are JEHOVAH's Witnesses, then their "Truth" is JEHOVAH's "Truth".

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Spike

Why would they need to be Jehovah's witnesses?

Isn't it really all about Jesus?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa;

According to my research of the bible message atm the Jehovah's Witnesses are more biblical truthful than any other christian group by a mile and a half but I fully accept on these forums I might not get agreement.

Yeah but the topic of the thread is PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

Jesus is the truth but Jehovah's Witnesses don't want any part of him, so how can they be the truth?

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi joohbeard

Well they aren't for me, I admit it is the bible and believing in Jehovah and his ACTUAL son Jesus that leads me to the Jehovah witnesses, not the other way around. So I accept the dates but they are not a big issue for me they make a good lot of sense given certain words of Jesus conerning these times.

Armageddon will happen when it happens and we must be prepared accordingly, this is a bible prophecy which should be taking seriously. 'Head in the sand' philosophy while not being a very flattering picture, is also very foolish attitude to have towards the bible God's words and it's prophecies.

2 Timothy 4:2
    Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

1 Peter 1:13
    Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Reniaa

• designs
    designs

password,

Its important to remember that Rutherford and Franz came from a Calvinistic background of Limited Atonement so their christology was going to be stilted. Add to that their affiliation with Russell and his Dispensationalist views and you have a real mess to begin with.

I thought at one point in the mid 90's there might have been a slight chance of reform but the articles written in the last few years show an entrenchment into the old ideas of Limited Atonment again.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jesus is Jehovah's foremost Witness. Even the name Jesus means "Jehovah provides salvation".

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Nope big tex while they think Jesus returned and they were blessed by holy spirit not to be taken in by the 1700 year old lies that have caused such division, it is more about the doctrine. Their dates are not so important. 1914 is the only one that still gets emphasised. they still stand by the dates but if they had to be refined on them I doubt it would rock the boat so much.

Like many Witnesses, or wanna be Witnesses, you do not understand what you claim to believe. Without the 1914 chronology, Jehovah's Witnesses' claim of being The One True Religion is, at best, hollow. 1914 provides the basis to claim the Gentile Times had ended. You do understand what the Gentile Times means? Or Jesus' parousia? The Seven Times? Those are doctrines, "real bible truths" that you claim to love.

The faithful and discreet's slave moral authority, and most especially the claim of receiving True Doctrines from Jehovah, rests entirely on 1914 (well actually 1919 when Jesus appointed the faithful and discreet slave over "all his belongings" or so the Society quotes from Jesus' parable and they were spiritually anointed). You seem to set much store by their doctrines, well if Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong about 1914, what it means, how they arrived at that date and so on, then every doctrine they have based on that date is wrong. This is why they cling to 607 B.C. and 539 B.C. while at the same time soft peddling it to their members. These dates are the hub on which their whole world-is-going-to-end revolves. If you refuse to understand or accept that, that's about you not about the reality of their religion.

Dates don't matter so much now because the vast majority of Witnesses do not understand what their religion actually teaches. Or taught, past tense, I don't know I haven't kept with them for 20 years.

You disagree? Prove me wrong. Show me.

Ask anyone on here who once probably felt like I do still. When we choose witnesses it is their adherence to bible truths. the awareness of how far from the bible truth trinity is, is quite a reality and then the simple bible logic of still living on earth and the eden promise of fulfilment on earth. the 'meek inheriting the earth' something christendom with it's 'all goto heaven' doctrtine doesn't even try to explain. The fitting with what Jews believed gds original chosen peple about One almighty god also gives them added weight.

Unlike you (or at least what you claim to be who really knows), I actually was a baptized Jehovah's Witness. I became a Witness at the age of 9, a year before my parents. What convinced me to join was my conductor used only the Bible, I never studied the Truth book or any other literature before I was baptized and she answered every one of my questions from the Bible. She was open and honest, and I appreciated the fact that she read other religions' literature and could answer my questions about their beliefs as well. She never ducked or avoided anything about that religion, nor was she ever condescending.

Jehovah's Witnesses are much more than the superficial "weight" you give them.

Whether you gnash your teeth or not I do not know but it must hurt if you once gave all your life to Jehovah but then worked away because of men and your own inclinations only to find they had it right in the important ways that count with Jesus. To be honest my heart would have great sadness for those letting doubts and thorns choke the simplicity of real bible truths from them if they once saw them as I do still.

The reniaa account is one of the more passive/aggressive accounts I've seen online. I have no idea if you are a "real" person or multiple people using one account. Don't care actually. But you are one of the angriest people I've come across. You're also one of the more superficial. The combination is really quite something.

It seems to be quite important to you to express your anger by masking it with a god you know very little about. Actually the only thing about Jehovah's Witnesses I find truthful in you is your need to speak condescendingly to others. This is very much a trait amongst the Witnesses (also found amongst fundamentalists but I digress).

Hey if you get off on it, then please feel free to look down on me or try to needle me. I won't make the same mistake again.

Yes my heart just aches, oh how I miss the loving brotherhood and here I am cast out into the cruel thorny world!! Sob Sob

"You're the kind of person who would solve the world's hunger problem by telling them to eat out. Preferably at a good Chinese restaurant." -- Neil Simon

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If they really are JEHOVAH's Witnesses, then their "Truth" is JEHOVAH's "Truth".

Prove it.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Spike;

Jesus is Jehovah's foremost Witness. Even the name Jesus means "Jehovah provides salvation".

Think it through, Spike.

If Jesus is the means of salvation and the Holy Spirit witnesses about Jesus, and Jesus himself said Christians would be witnesses of him, where exactly does the term Jehovah's Witness come from?

- Jesus = saviour

- Holy Spirit = witness about Jesus

- Christian = witness of Christ

• wobble
    wobble

have you been reading the "Insight" book Spike ?

the book that tells you that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000, in opposition to what the scriptures say?

The name Jesus does have the thought of "deliverer", and in the Hebrew scriptures the deliverer is YHWH,but as above Jesus is our saviour,so he is YHWH if you like in the Greek scriptures.

I think JW's miss the significance of his name,he is not the deliverer for 99.9% of the 7 million Dubs,

if only they had the Truth !

love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit