PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

by undercover 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided
    1 John 5:7 (New International Version)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the [a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

This just shows me why I can't understand almost all the bible. How can water and blood testify, or agree with anything???

The bible says the heavens and earth will be destroyed and new ones made. What does that mean? Why doesn't he just say he is going to fix the mess he created originally and do it diferently this time.

The bible is so impossible to understand, look at Revelation. Why doesn't God just communicate in an understandable way so there wouldn't be so many different religions using the Bible as it's doctrine?

Ken P.

• undercover
    undercover

Reniaa, I can cut and paste scriptures too...

And if you want that to be the basis for proving if JWs have the truth, then I submit these verses to prove otherwise.

For anyone who claims to know when Jesus is coming...

Matthew 24: 24-26

“Then if anyone says to YOU , ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.Look! I have forewarned YOU .Therefore, if people say to YOU , ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it."

For anyone who claims to know when the "end" is coming...

Matthew 24: 36

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father."

For anyone who claims divine guidance in predicting the "end"...

Deuteronomy 18: 20-22

“‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?”when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

So... for your attempt to prove to me that JWs have the truth:

FAIL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they will say things like

we have love amongst ourselves; not true

only the meek will inherit the earth as Ren likes to put it; Dubs are the most un meekest people you could ever hope to meet

politically neutral/dont vote in elections; many Christan groups are

use of the sacred name / non trinitarian; again not true, there are many sacred name groups (Assemblies of Yahweh , Bible Student Groups)

Preaching of the Good News; again not true Mormans are active in as many lands with a bigger membership base/ plus are active in the pointless work of door knocking.

Adhere to the prohibition on Blood; not only them folks The Plymouth Brethren / Church of Scientology/Amish have murdered nearly as many by enforcing this repulsive doctrine.

• donny
    donny

They are the truth because Jesus chose them in the spring of 1919. Case closed.

Donny

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The first to spread the Word were the RC and they have spread the WORD in more palces and attained more converts than anyone else so, in THAT regard, they must be in the Truth.

While preaching is vital in the NT, it does take a back seat to all the other activites mentioned, caring for those in need and all the comes from that, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc ,etc and of course there is Jesus commandment to love each other as he loved us- how did he love us? considering he loves all, that's how ( see Grace).

AS for the name of God, his name is YHWH and that is all we KNOW, the rest we SPECULATE.

Jesus was given a name great than all names, a name above all others, the sole name needs for salvation.

Jesus taught us to pray to OUR FATHER and even used Abba when adressing Our Father.

As for 1John5:7,

John mentons Jesus as the water of life, God and the HS as the spirit and Jesus and the HS as blood, taken THAT into account, to say that Water, spirit and blood are in agreement or one, means that God, Jesus and the HS are in agreement and are one.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Regarding not voting/political neutrality- that takes a Wt explanation to come to that conclusion. No scriptures makes that plain.

Regarding war: what did John the Baptist tell soldiers coming to him what they needed to do to repent?

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

hmm, content with their wages. Sounds like htey got to keep their job. The WT asserts that Cornelius must have changed careers upon his conversion with no scripture to back that up.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Nor did Jesus tell the Centurion whos slaved he cured to give up the life of a soldier, he did mention how the centurion had such great faith.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

My thoughts on the reasons so far...

Because they have love amongst themselves?

Is it only amongst themselves, I thought that the true religion would also love their neighbors as themselves and love their enemies? But let's take a look at the love they show amongst themselves, what happens if a brother amongst them sins? The love goes away.

They alone know God's Name.

They know a mis-translation and nothing more.

they spend billions of hours preaching

So do the Mormons, does that make them the right religion?

the best translation of the bible

OK, as soon as I can see a comparitive study by a linguist with a credible background in studying ancient Greek and Hebrew I'll believe it. It would also help if you could show me the credentials of those who did the translation so I can compare it to the credentials of those who translated the other bibles.

They and only they have the light and wisdom that the faithfull and discreet slave

Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave? That's what Jesus asked, the WT answers that it's all the anointed on Earth, do you think they're writing the "light" you're reading? Whos' to say they're the faithful and discreet slave anyway, where's the proof of that. People have called themselves the Messiah before, it didn't make it so.

If they don't have the truth then what else is there? Where else can they go brother?

There are 33,380 different denominations of just Christianity, until you research them all you can't say there's nothing better out there.

Well, nobody else is right.

See last response.

The WTS/JWs are the only ones preaching the good news of the kingdom worldwide.

Actually they're not preaching in as many places as other religions do. So either other religions who are preaching in every country the bible are correct, or you have to preach specifically what JWs teach in which case since JWs don't preach that worldwide they wouldn't be truth either.

No trinity + no hell + paradise earth + preaching work + no pagan holidays + no going to war = the most pure Christian religion

There are literally thousands of Christian denominations that believe all that stuff. Associated Bible Students, Dawn Bible Students, Christadelphians just to name a few.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

How do you know the JWs are those true worshipers worshipping in spirit and truth?

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does

There are WAY more concientious objectors to war than just JWs. Again there are thousands of religions that don't go to war, Quakers, Amish, to name two.

Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Cool, next time you see a JW perform a sign while preaching you send 'em my way because I don't fucking believe it.

Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.

Thousands of religions preach, are they all correct as well?

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

See above.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

JWs are not preaching in as many countries as other religions are, does that mean the other religions are right?

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

To all creation now, would that mean if I saw a religion that not only preached to people but I saw them talking to trees, cows, and migets I shouldn't think they're crazy but join them right away?

They don't go to war.

Along with thousands of other religions.

They have love among themselves.

Define loving.

They're fulfilling Matthew 24:14.

See above, they're not preaching it worldwide. However other religions are, does that mean the other religions are right? JWs also fufill Matthew 24:23-26.

They wear suits.

So do business men and vacuum sellers.

They alone are using the name Jehovah.

No they're not, but it really doesn't matter since it's not really God's name anyway.

Because our ranks are growing,

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, maybe I should convert!

God blesses our preaching work

How so, billions of hours spent preaching for a 1% growth.

we are persecuted which Jesus said would happen

Who's having more trouble with being banned in countries and how it's portrayed in the media JWs or Scientology? There was a protest at my state house a month ago against Scientology, I don't know of any protests EVER happening against JWs. That must mean Scientology is the right religion, better check my thetans.

we promote happy family life and clean moral standards.

So did Ted Haggard. So does Billy Graham, so do the republicans, so do the democrats, so does Richard Dawkins, so does Bill Clinton...OK so maybe not Bill Clinton.

The bible tells me Jesus is the SON of God so that is what I believe. Do you know Jesus calls his father 'my god' all the time even after going to heaven many times in revelation etc yet God never calls Jesus 'my God' only 'my son'.

Thanks Reniaa, there are thousands of religions that believe that. Glad you narrowed it down for me.

• minimus
    minimus

Donny---you've got the best answer!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Tuesday has beaten the correct into submission and tattoed his name on its butt !

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit